Custom actions ignore level

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Custom actions ignore level

Postby scrosland » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:24 am

Hello,

This is with the new 1.5.2 upgrade.

I added two new custom categories in the existing "having sex" section, one with a min level of 7 and a max of 9, and one with both min and max of 9. When I add an action that uses either of these categories it gets assigned a much lower level like 3 or 4!

Simon
scrosland

Postby Don » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:41 am

Hi,

I created a test custom action file and was unable to reproduce the problem you describe.

Could you send me an example action file that is demonstrating this problem.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby scrosland » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:11 am

I'll try and cut the action file down to the two actions that don't work and retest, then send it to you. I hope to get to this later tonight, but it may take a bit longer than that.

Simon
scrosland

Example file

Postby scrosland » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:57 pm

Hello Don,

I have attached a simple file that shows this problem - the categories I have added are set to levels 7-9 and 9-9, but the actions all show up with lower levels.

Cheers,
Simon
Attachments
test.bdf
(7.92 KiB) Downloaded 1069 times
scrosland

Postby Don » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:35 pm

Simon,

I tried running your file and was still unable to reproduce the problem you describe. I ran the game with only your file selected to get actions from. When I landed on a square at level 4, I got a no action available error message. When I cranked the level up to 8, I started seeing your actions.

I wonder if perhaps your profiles have set the passion levels for these categories to a different level. Could you take a look at your profiles (assuming you have profiles) and see how these categories are showing up.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, I will send you instructions to turn on tracing and we will run a trace on your system and see exactly what is going on.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby scrosland » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:16 am

Thanks Don,

After checking the file, profiles and changing a spelling mistake, it all seems ok now. I suggest that you put this one down to pilot error!

Thanks!
Simon
scrosland

Postby Don » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:57 am

Hi,

What you are seeing is actually part of the games design. Bliss has an internal "ramp up" that is seperate from your starting Passion level. At the beginning of a game, there is a quick ramp up to your starting passion level, followed by a longer ramp from there to your ending passion level. The initial ramp up is very fast, taking only 2-4 turns per player.

So what you should see is that the game will ramp up to your initial passion level very quickly, and then more slowly move to your final one.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Bug Reports