question about categories

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

question about categories

Postby Rich » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:05 am

what effect does a command have if no category is assigned to it? I ask because I notice many of the basic action (particularly those involving removing and replacing clothes) do not have a category assigned.
Rich

Postby Don » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:52 am

Hi,

Normally if you don't assign an action to any category then it can play at any level. It becomes by default a level 1 action, and so generally this would be a bad thing to do.

However, when an action includes clothing removal, the game uses special logic to assign that action to one or more automatic categories. You will notice that in the profile editor there are several categories for clothing removal that don't show up in the action editor. This is because when you are creating an action, you don't know exactly which item of clothing the game is going to ask the player to remove. Thus, the AI engine has to calculate at run time which categories to put clothing removal actions into.

There are several other things that work this way. For instance, the Category "Being Touched anwhere that I am bare" appears in the action editor but not in the Profile Editor. This is because this category is translated into the specific body area categories at runtime.

Let me know if this makes sense, or if you have further questions.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Bug Reports