Setting the password

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Setting the password

Postby jnolan » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:11 pm

The password is aready entered when you turn on the password function and when you "Login" to the game
jnolan

Postby Don » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm

Hi,

I assume that what you are refering to is the fact that the password entry fields have 8 asterisks in them when they first appear, thus it looks like they are filled in. This is a change that Microsoft made to their password fields to improve security. They always put 8 * symbols in the dialog so that a hacker can't tell how many if any characters the orignal password had.

To set the password for the first time, either ignore the 8 *s in the Old Password field or delete them and leave it blank. Then enter a new password twice.

The same applies to the login screen.

If this is not what you are seeing, let me know.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Password problems

Postby jnolan » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:24 pm

the password is cached all i need to do is hit the ok button to enter
jnolan

Postby Don » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:56 pm

I think I know what might be happening here.

What you are describing could happen if the game was set to 1 password required mode and only one password was entered (either his or hers). The problem is that in single password mode, if either his or her password is correct, you are allowed to enter the game. If one or the other passwords has never been entered, then by leaving that password blank, and hitting OK, the game decides that one of the two passwords is OK, and runs the game.

This really is a bug. If a password has never been set, it shouldn't accept that as a valid password. For now, this can be easily worked around by creating a password for both players. Then you will be required to type in one of them to start the game. You could even set them both to be the same.

Let me know if this solves your problem, and I will make this a little more use friendly in the next release.

Thanks

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Bug Reports