Problem installing Blissv1.5

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Problem installing Blissv1.5

Postby LostandAri » Thu May 24, 2007 10:17 pm

I have a registered copy of Bliss v1.4 and I'm trying to install the latest version but every time I run either the 1.5.3 installer or the 1.5.4 installer I get the same message: Corrupt installation detected, check source media or re-download.

I've tried running the installer with the 1.4 version installed and not installed. I downloaded versions both from your website and download.com with the same result. Any help would be appreciated.
LostandAri

Postby Don » Fri May 25, 2007 8:47 am

Hi,

Whenever I have seen this it has been due to a problem that Internet Explorer sometimes has. If it attempted a download of a certain file, and that download failed for some reason, then sometimes IE will give you it's cached version when you try to download it again.

The best answer I have found to this is to clear all of the offline content and other stored memory in IE and try again.

If this doesn't fix the problem, get back to me and we will try to figure something else out.

THanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby LostandAri » Sat May 26, 2007 1:55 am

I cleared my History, ran Ad-aware, and basically deleted every file on my hard drive and registry that had the word "Bliss" in it and got it to install properly. Although, the music will not play, I'm sot sure if that's because I have Media player 10 installed or not, but everything else works great, thanks Don.
LostandAri

Postby Don » Sat May 26, 2007 5:59 am

Hi,

The music problem is probably due to the fact that the new version of Bliss uses a different music format than the old one. You can probably fix the music issue by following the procedure outlined here:

http://www.gamesforloving.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=9

If this doesn't work, you can go into the Sound Preferences in the game and tell it not to use Media Player.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Bug Reports