Invoke or begininvoke

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Invoke or begininvoke

Postby Alfa » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:12 pm

Don, a month ago i replaced my computer and the downloaded Bliss. To day i received a response of expired. When i downloaded 1.5.5 i received the above message regarding windows and don't know what to do to solve it. Can you help?
Alfa
Alfa

Postby Don » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:33 pm

Hi,

Can you tell me any more about this error? Is there any other text associated with it? When does it happen in the game? Any details at all would help.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Alfa » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:06 am

Don, it may be as simple as my inadvertant use of lower case names instead of capitals when trying to open the game. It appears to be a "Exception;" "System.invalidOperationException; Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window hadle has been created."

[quote="Don"]Hi,

Can you tell me any more about this error? Is there any other text associated with it? When does it happen in the game? Any details at all would help.

Thanks,

Don[/quote]
Alfa

Postby Don » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:23 am

Hi,

I don't think this would be related to the case of the names, but anything is possible. Did the problem go away when you tried different names?

Can you tell me exactly when the message appears? Also, is there any more text associated with the message, like perhaps a stack trace?

Thanks,

don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Alfa » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:43 am

It happens if you hit the OK button without entering the correct players names. It also says, after the above quote.
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method,Object[] args)
at Bliss.BoardBase.xa2775a0e5064eef2(String x2aa38180328c2cfd, String xb96c6cf0d2cb5c05)
at Bliss.xa4bc2af2b58881c8.x54186cbc1a26bf8a()
at Bliss.BoardBase.xdc867a6b49d0aa2b()
at Bliss.BoardBase.xc447809891322395()
OK

Hope this make some sense to you. Thanks for your help!

[quote="Don"]Hi,

I don't think this would be related to the case of the names, but anything is possible. Did the problem go away when you tried different names?

Can you tell me exactly when the message appears? Also, is there any more text associated with the message, like perhaps a stack trace?

Thanks,

don[/quote]
Alfa

Postby Don » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:36 am

Alfa,

I am pretty sure I see what is going on now. Is the first dialog that you are seeing the one that asks for the players passwords, not their names? It appears from the stack trace that this must be the case. Had you set up passwords for the game? I think I introduced a bug that causes this crash if you haven't entered the players passwords correctly.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Alfa » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:01 am

Yes, asking for their passwords. I have set up passwords and they are evidently case sensitive.
Is this a bug or just something that provides security?
Thanks
Alfa

[quote="Don"]Alfa,

I am pretty sure I see what is going on now. Is the first dialog that you are seeing the one that asks for the players passwords, not their names? It appears from the stack trace that this must be the case. Had you set up passwords for the game? I think I introduced a bug that causes this crash if you haven't entered the players passwords correctly.

Thanks,

Don[/quote]
Alfa

Postby Don » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:07 am

Hi,

The passwords are supposed to be case sensiteive. However, when you put the password in wrong, it should just tell you incorrect password, not crash. The crashing is the bug.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Bug Reports