License Key Problem

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

License Key Problem

Postby raalt » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:56 am

After a crash of my old laptop, I installed Bliss 1.5.5 to my new one (Windows Vista Home Premium). When I entered the license key (copy and paste from the receipt) the program told me it was invalid. To make sure that I had the correct key, I requested it again from this website. It came promptly and was identical to the one I had. Another try to enter the key didn't help.

In the meantime I cannot even enter the license key anymore. Upon starting the program I get a message "Your license key is invalid", along with an OK-button. Clicking on it closes the program. I tried to re-install the program several times, also with a re-downloaded version, but without success.

Help is appreciated, as my wife and I really like this game.

Best regards,
Ralf
raalt

Postby Don » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:42 pm

Hi,

It sounds like the game somehow accepted an invalid key and stored it. To solve this, delete the file

c:\Program Files\Games for Loving\Bliss\Bliss.board.lic

This will allow you to enter your license key again.

At that point, I would make sure that you haven't accidentally copied too much or too little text from the license email. Usually this sort of problem is caused by not copying the key correctly or by pasting it into the field twice.

You can also edit the file mentioned above with notepad and make sure that it has you license key (and only your license key) in it.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby raalt » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:06 pm

Hi Don,

Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately, there is no such file. The windows search function didn't find it either. To be sure, I uninstalled the game again, deleted the whole "games for loving"-folder, cleaned the registry, and re-installed the game. It still won't let me enter the license key.

Best regards,
Ralf
raalt

Postby Don » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:12 pm

Hi,

It would probably be easiest if you just gave me a phone call. Go support page on the website and give me a call on the phone number listed there.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby raalt » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:50 pm

Hi Don,

I was able to solve the problem. Windows Vista stores the license-file in a different place; it shows when the button "Compatibility Files" is pressed. My license code was in fact partially doubled. The game works perfectly now.

Best regards,
Ralf
raalt

Postby Don » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:59 am

Good catch,

I should have noticed you were running Vista and thought of this.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Bug Reports