Too hot action, too early

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Too hot action, too early

Postby Exardious » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:48 pm

Ok, here goes.

I was just testing some of my own actions, while having the Basic Action pack enabled too. At passion lvl 7, i got the action from the basic actions stating "Time for a little light exercise. Woman lie on your back and stick out your tongue. Man, Straddle woman and rub your penis against Woman's tongue in a manner that feels good to you. Woman must stay completely still. you have 60 seconds". OK, i looked at the action with the action editor and was categorized as "Licking my partners genitals." That was the only category set for this action.

In this scenario i used the Default profile. Looking at the default profile under "Licking my partners genitals", it was set to a minimum level of 8. So i got a min. lvl 8 action at lvl 7. Is this a bug?
Exardious

Postby Don » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:39 pm

This does appear to be a bug, although I am not sure why it is happening.

Could you email me the action file that it happened in.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Exardious » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:01 am

The action file was an unmodified BasicActions. The action itself is named "PenisLick". The profile was the default profile too. Hope this helps you.
Exardious

Postby Don » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:30 am

Hi,

I looked at this action and there is not actually a bug, I should have checked more carefully when I responded the first time.

The action does actually have two categories set. For the Subject it has "Intimately Kissing Partners Genitals", but for the partner it has "Intimately Kissing My Genitals". These categories are reciprocal, if one is on the other will always be on as well.

If you look under the default profile, the first category has a range of 6-8 while the second has a range of 7-8. This means that this action should not appear until the subject is at 6 and the partner is at 7, which sounds like the place it took place.

I suspect that you might have been confused when you looked at the Profile editor by the Maximum Passion level for the category, which is in fact 8. However, it is the minimum Passion Level that allows the action to happen.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Exardious » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:02 pm

Hi Don

Thanks for the feedback. I just checked the default profile and for "Intimately kissing licking my partners gentials" it has Min: 8, Max 9. "Intimately being kissed on my genitals" is also set Min: 8, Max 9. So things having oral actions shouldnt be available before 8, if im right?
Exardious

Postby Don » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:09 pm

Hi,

I double checked the default profile. Being kissed has a default range of 7-8, kissing has a default range of 6-8.

I wonder if perhaps you have a profile named "Default" that might have been modified?

What version of the program are you running?

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Exardious » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:24 pm

Hi Don.

The build is ver. 1.5.3.19243.

And i just double checked too. Being kissed/kissing partner is both set to 8-9. Cant remember if i have modified the profile though. :?

But you can maybe copy the default profile, and set those 2 categories like mine. Hope this helps you further.
Exardious

Postby Exardious » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:47 pm

Btw is my build up to date, or should i update my Bliss game?
Exardious

Postby Don » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:38 pm

Hi,

I have been completely unable to reproduce this bug. I wonder if you could look in the directory c:/Program Files/Games for Loving/Bliss/Profiles and send me any files that are there.

Your version is not up to date, but it is close enough that it really shouldn't matter.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Exardious » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:24 am

Which email addresse would you like me to send it too?

If its of any help i can send you my basicAcions(Even though you should have the same) and the Other custom actions i used (Even though the action did come from BasicActions)?
Exardious

Postby Don » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:19 am

Hi,

Sorry, I should have given you the address. Send it to

donATgamesforloving.com (replace the AT with the @ sign, spam prevention)

Go ahead and send the action files as well, I probably don't need them, but it won't hurt to look at them if they turn out to be related.

Thanks,
Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Exardious » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:44 am

Ok Don

I send you some stuff. I actually got the bug again, and send you screenshots of that too. I hope you received it. If you haven't please give me a shout. Oh and how do i enabled trace logging. Maybe that would help you too.
Exardious

Postby Don » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:41 am

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

I think I know now why this is happening. You have created a profile named "Default" in your profiles directory. In this profile, the kissing has been changed from the normal default of 7 to 8.

When the game starts, the Player Information screen says

You are using the default profile.

This means that it is using the internal profile built into the game. To actually use the profile named "Default" you would need to manually select it at the beginning of each game. In that case, the Player Information screen would say

You are using the profile "Default".

So there is a subtle trap here. If you create a profile named Default it is easy to think that you are using it during the game, even though you are not. So the game is using the built-in profile, which is set to a level 7, and the actions come up as they should.

The only time the game will automatically use a profile is if you create profiles that match the players name. So if your name is "Bob", create a profile named "Bob" and it will load that profile for you whenever you play. Do the same for your partner.

I would delete the "Default" profile, it is just confusing.

Please let me know if this make sense.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Exardious » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:10 pm

Makes perfect sense to me Don. You have been very helpful. Thanks alot! :D
Exardious

Return to Bug Reports