CLR/.NET errors

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

CLR/.NET errors

Postby MedicKth » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:02 pm

When attempting to launch Bliss 1.5.6 I receive this fatal error: "CLR error: 80004005. The program will now terminate."

If I keep trying to launch the program(I'm stubborn) I receive a Bad Image error that ..\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll is not a valid image.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled all of my .NET framework installations and was able to play once after each installation before receiving an error.

For example when I installed 1.1 I could launch Bliss but would then get the error message. I then installed the next version and the same thing happened.

I currently have 2.0 installed

Thanks for you help.
MedicKth

Postby Don » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:30 pm

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response, I am out of town this week with limited net access.

Can you tell me what operating system you are running (XP / Vista?) We have seen something like this once before on Vista, but I still don't have a solution for it.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby MedicKth » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:30 pm

Hey,

Thanks for the response. I responded to your email prior to seeing this. I'll post here in case others are having the same problem so you don't have to respond to both.

I am running Windows XP.

Thanks
MedicKth

Postby Don » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:05 am

Hi,

I am still chasing this down and I still don't have a really good answer, but there are a few things I would like you to check if you could.

1. Go to the directory c:\Program Files\Games for Loving\Bliss and Right click on Bliss.exe and choose Propertis . Go to the Compatability tab and make sure that nothing is checked. Then Run bliss by double clicking directly on Bliss.exe (as opposed to a shortcut on the desktop or elsewhere. See if this makes any difference.

2. Make sure there is not a file called mscoree.dll or mscorwks.dll in the c:\Windows, c:Windows\System32 or c:\windows\System directories. These files should not be in those locations.

3. Is Bliss installed on a network share or some other unusual place other than the C: drive?

4. Are you running as an administrator? If not, can you try running as an administrator and see if that helps.

5. Is this machine part of a domain where some enterprise security setting could be changing things.

6. Are there any non-released versions of the .NET framework (such as 2.0.50215) installed on this machine?

I am still working on this and will get back to you with more thoughts.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Having the same problems

Postby 10v343v3r » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:30 pm

I'm having the same problem.

1. Go to the directory c:\Program Files\Games for Loving\Bliss and Right click on Bliss.exe and choose Propertis . Go to the Compatability tab and make sure that nothing is checked. Then Run bliss by double clicking directly on Bliss.exe (as opposed to a shortcut on the desktop or elsewhere. See if this makes any difference.

Nothing checked on the compatibility tab. Won't run from the directory.

2. Make sure there is not a file called mscoree.dll or mscorwks.dll in the c:\Windows, c:Windows\System32 or c:\windows\System directories. These files should not be in those locations.

mscoree.dll was located in the System32 directory, however, renaming it did not help.

3. Is Bliss installed on a network share or some other unusual place other than the C: drive?

No. It's on C:.

4. Are you running as an administrator? If not, can you try running as an administrator and see if that helps.

Yes. Running it as an admin.

5. Is this machine part of a domain where some enterprise security setting could be changing things.

No. Standalone PC running XP Pro.

6. Are there any non-released versions of the .NET framework (such as 2.0.50215) installed on this machine?
I had multiple versions of .NET framework installed so uninstalled Bliss and uninstalled all versions of .NET. Then, reinstalled .NET. Then reinstalled Bliss. Still, the same thing.

I have attached both error msgs I get. The one called error 1 is what I get when I try to run Bliss. error2 is what I get when I click ok on error1.[/b]
Attachments
error2.GIF
error2
error2.GIF (8.68 KiB) Viewed 24088 times
error1.GIF
error1.GIF (9.42 KiB) Viewed 24088 times
10v343v3r

Postby Don » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:21 am

Hi all,

I think I may have found a solution to this problem. There was a bug in the virtualization software I was using and a newer version of that software is now avaialible.

I have created a test version of Bliss that should avoid this problem.

Please send me an email at donATgamesforloving.com (replace the AT) if you have this issue and I will send you a link to the test download.

Assuming that this works for everyone I will release a new verion of the game with this fixed in it.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby MJYGorilla » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:01 am

I'm running Vista Home and I get the same 800004005 error message
MJYGorilla

Return to Bug Reports