Bliss.exe error

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Bliss.exe error

Postby traumataz » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:37 pm

Don,
Just loaded an update from the exchange and now I'm gettinfg an error message( Bliss.exe-.NET Framework Initialization Error)- message reads Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application. Any ideas of what to do? Worked just fine two days ago and have made no other changes? Currently running XP and Bliss version 1.5.6.
Thanks, TJ
traumataz

Postby Don » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:52 pm

Hi,

I want to clarify this. Are you saying that downloading an action file from the exchange caused this error message to appear? Or did you mean that you downloaded a new version of Bliss itself?

If it is the former, does deleteing the action file from c:/Program Files/Games for Loving/Bliss/Actions make the problem go away?

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Bliss.exe error

Postby traumataz » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:04 pm

Don,
I not really sure when the problem started. I know it worked two days ago and the only change I've made was downloading something from the exchange forum. I did try and delete this file but it has not changed anything. I also noticed when I got this message it delete the short cut icon. Hope this helps. I my last bliss version download was Sept 7, 2007. Hope that clears things up.
Thanks,
TJ
traumataz

Postby Don » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:09 pm

Hi,

I think that if I were you, I would try reinstalling the program from the installation download. This may not help, but at least we will rule out corrupt files and other basic issues.

Assuming that this doesn't work, please give me an email address and I will send you a test version of the program to try.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby rkaiser108 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:08 pm

Don,
This is under a different post, but my circumstance was the same. I wonder if there was a corrupt file somewhere.
rkaiser108

same issue

Postby trbl » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:21 am

Don,

I have tried to reinstall, fully updated my windows xp pro with all the .net updates and service packs, uninstalled and reinstalled several times but I cannot get bliss to open. The error is "unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application."

Help please!
trbl

Postby Don » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:22 pm

Hi,

I am fairly certain that this is the same problem that is being discussed on the following thread:

http://www.gamesforloving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=555

I have a test version of Bliss that I think will solve this, it uses a different version of the virtualization software and it seems to avoid this problem.

Please send me an email and I will send you a link to the test version of the game.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Bug Reports