Profile / Category problems

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Profile / Category problems

Postby capsaicin » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:29 pm

The last time we played Bliss, my wife and I noticed that, despite our profile settings, we were seeing actions that shouldn't have come up. So I did some testing.

I went into both our profiles and changed every setting above the "Being Intimately Touched (bare skin)" category to Overload (both min and max). In other words, those actions should never crop up. I was very careful (double checked multiple times) to make sure that those items were all marked Overload in both profiles. I then started a game, set the level to 5, and the speed to Very Fast. What was the first action that came up? An instruction (which would have been for my wife had it been a real game) to tell me how she felt about something. The same problem continues throughout the game -- categories / actions that are either level inappropriate or have been marked Overload are consistently showing up.

We have Dr. D. Light 1 and 2 installed. I have tested with each separate action pack: only the standard actions, only Dr. D. Light 1, and only Dr. D. Light 2. It makes no difference.

Please advise.

Edited to add: we are running Windows XP Pro SP2, all updates, and are running the latest version of Bliss (not jBliss).
capsaicin

Re: Profile / Category problems

Postby Don » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:08 pm

Hi,

There were probably a couple of things that caused what you are describing.

First, since you have set all of the more intense actions to overload, that leaves the game only the milder actions to choose from. Therefore, even though you were on level 5 to start the game, the game had no choice but to start you with a level 1 or 2 action, that was all it had left to choose from.

Secondly, the first 3 rolls always execute a ramp up to the starting level specified, so you might see lower level actions anyway.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks,
Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby capsaicin » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:29 am

I'm sorry, my description wasn't the best.

By everything above Being Intimately Touched, I meant *literally* displayed above that category, i.e. all the low level actions. I had been looking at the profile editor, so that's why my description wasn't so good.

So, to clarify: the actions that I set to overload were in the talking and non-sexual touch categories.

Thanks for your quick reply, Don. Hopefully my question makes more sense now.
capsaicin

Postby Don » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:24 am

Hi,
OK, based on that description, I would take a look at the particular action that you saw that you didn't want to see. See what categories it is assigned to. You can do that easily (assuming that you have the action editor) by presing edit current action. Take a look at what categories the action is assigned to. If any of the categories for that action are assigned to overload, then you should not see that action.

Let me know if actions that include overloaded categories are appering.

I should warn you that setting the lowlevel categories (like talking hugging etc.) to overload will prevent many of the hot actions from appearing since many of them are in both low and high categories.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Bug Reports