Security Exception in Japanese XP

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Security Exception in Japanese XP

Postby Yasu » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:51 am

When open Bliss, a security exception dialog box pops up. The message is:
System.Security.SecurityException: required registry access is not permitted.
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable)
at ????(String , String?)
at Bliss.Band.,()
at Bliss.Board. (String[] )

I have tried the procedures in the bug report "security exception2 posted by rkaiser108 in January, but still occurs.

My system is,
Windows XP SP2
NET Framework Version 1.1 + 2.0

I have attached the screen shot of the exception dialog box.
Please help!
Yasu

Postby Don » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:22 am

Hi,

Sorry about the difficulties.

Everytime that we have seen this problem it has been solved by running one or the other of the two procedures outlined in the previous post.

The first is to tell .net to trust the application. The second is to set .net to full trust. Since you have .net 1.1 and 2.0 installed, you will need to make sure that you try run these procedures with both .net 1.1 and 2.0 (they will have seperate entries in the control panel.

Also, I didn't see the attached screen dump. Do you still have it? If so, could you try sending it again.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Yasu » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:03 am

Hi Don,

Thank you for your quick reply.
I'm sorry I didn't send back my reply.
I tried as you mentioned again, but it still happens.
I have attached the error message screen shot again.

Regards,
Yasu
Attachments
Error.GIF
Error.GIF (5.87 KiB) Viewed 18638 times
Yasu

Postby Don » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:36 am

This problem indicates that Bliss is unable to access the computers registry to read the players names and other information (or perhaps to write them).

This can be caused because either the game is not trusted by the system (which should have been fixed by the earlier procedures) or because the user is a limited access user (instead of a fully priveleged user). This is a matter which is caused by the security configuration of the XP machine.

I do not have additional suggestions at this point, but I will do further research and see if I can come up with any ideas. I am sorry that I don't have a better answer than that right now, but I will keep looking

I may be able to develop a test program that I can send you that will help determine what is happening.

Thanks,
Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Yasu » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:57 am

Hi Don,

Thank you for your reply and your effort.
I will check the access right and try removing and reinstalling .NET again.
I don't know why it happens either. Do you think it is JP version specific problem? If it is, I would install Eg version XP.
Anyway, I will struggle a little bit more.

Thank you.
Yasu
Yasu

Postby Don » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:47 pm

Yasu,

I do not think it is because of the japanese version of XP. We have sold quite a few copies of the game to people in Japan. I do not know for sure, but I suspect that most people in Japan would be using the Japanese version of XP. No one else has reported this problem, so I don't think it is the Japanese XP.

Unless you need it for something else, I would try removing the .NET 2.0 and leave only .NET 1.1 and see what that does.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Bug Reports