Shortcut problem

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Shortcut problem

Postby Indrek » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:40 pm

This isn't exactly a bug, more of an annoyance. Anyway, I've noticed that Bliss seems to be very touchy about the shortcuts it creates in the Start menu - when they're removed, it'll try and recreate them. This is annoying because I'm used to reorganising my Start menu to my liking, and I'd like to move the Bliss shortcut to a generic Games folder, and lose the other two shortcuts (Action Editor Manual and game help) that Bliss creates.

Could something be done about this? I realise it isn't a high-priority issue, but it also shouldn't take a lot of effort to fix, especially as the game doesn't mind if the desktop shortcut is deleted.

I'm running Bliss version 1.5.7 on Windows Vista Business, in case it matters.
Indrek

Re: Shortcut problem

Postby Don » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:22 am

Hi,

It is actually not Bliss that restores the shortcut, it is Windows itself. This is because the shortcut is created during the install process so Windows is determined to put it back. However, there is a work around. Destroy all of the shortcuts created during the install. Then, make your own shortcut wherever you want. The problem happens if you use a shortcut that was made during the install, that is when windows tries to fix all of the shortcuts.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Re: Shortcut problem

Postby Indrek » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:20 am

Don,

Thanks for the suggestion, that worked great. I wiped all the shortcuts created during installation and created a new one, and the problem's gone.

The reason I thought this was a problem with Bliss (or the installer it's using) was because I haven't seen this happen with any other program or game - they've all been cool with me moving or deleting their shortcuts.

Either way, as long as it's working...

Thanks again!
Indrek

Return to Bug Reports