Sound and passion level problem

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Sound and passion level problem

Postby 2_Tall » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:58 pm

Hello Don,

We recently purchased Bliss and have played twice using the Vista operating system and sounds managed by Windows Media Player. Two problems we've seen ...

1. Even after turning the timer tick or other system sounds off, the sounds still play. I went back and checked to make sure they were still displayed as being "off" and they were.
2. The system seems to ignore my passion level. We were frustrated the first time we played because although our passion levels were both at volcanic, the system was still having us dance for each other. We made profiles for ourselves with the names we registered with, and made sure the only actions allowed were essentially intercourse. However, the game seemed to ignore our passion levels. For example, the action "dancing nude" in the action editor is listed in the category of "dancing for my partner" which my wife had ranked max level 7 - however we were both at 9 and the action still came up.

This is a little disappointing as the game took over 90 minutes with both of us at 9 and still was giving inappropriate actions, and at this point is basically not playable. Help! We had friends who played this on their Mac and really loved it. Are there known issues with Vista and is there a patch?

Thanks for your help.
2_Tall

Re: Sound and passion level problem

Postby Don » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:24 pm

Hi,

First, we should make sure that you are running version 1.5.7, which is the current version of the game. Numerous people are running this version on Vista without difficulty.

The sound problem is one that I thought was fixed in 1.5.7, I need to look at this further. In any case, the worst thing you might have to do here is to set the sound levels how you want them and then exit and restart the program. I had not heard that this bug was still there so I will get back with further information on it.

The second issue with passion levels is not anything that I have ever heard of. However, I should explain a little of how that works. When you set the min and max passion level for an action, the min is absolute. An action will never occur if your passion level is lower than the one specified for the action. However, the top number is not absolute. If you are higher than the top number specifies, the game will try to avoid using it, but if it can't find any actions that are more level appropriate, it will use the best it can find.

The action you specify (Nude dancing) is also in some implied categories. Dancing always implies touching anything that is bare. So if you are bare, dancing includes genital touching, which will push this action into a higher category. Also, there are not actions in the basic actions above level 7, levels 8 and 9 are in the add-on packs only. So that may be part of what you are seeing.

Let me know if this helps.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Bug Reports