Application Won't Start

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Application Won't Start

Postby fldh » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:27 pm

I just installed Bliss 1.5.7. When I launch, I get a Xenocode Virtual Appliance Runtime window with a message, "This application has encountered an error: 0x80004005, with the following description: Unspecified error".

I am running Windows Vista.

Help!
fldh

Re: Application Won't Start

Postby ChrisV » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:06 pm

I'm having a similar problem. I purchased Bliss in 2006 and it worked well on my machine then (running XP). Recently that machine died and I transferred the installation file from the old hard drive to my new machine running Vista. When I tried to install, it gave me an error saying that .NET framework needed to be installed. So I downloaded and installed that. After that Bliss installed successfully on the new machine, but when I try to run it, a box pops up titled "Bliss.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services" and the message is "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0xccc (3276), Thread id=0x9bc (2492). Click OK to terminate the application. Click CANCEL to debug the application." If I click CANCEL, another box comes up saying "Registered JIT debugger is not available etc. etc. ..." Can you please help me with this?
ChrisV

Re: Application Won't Start

Postby rkaiser108 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:53 pm

I had the similar issue. After a while I gave up trying to run JBliss, then I found that there were 2 different versions of Java running on my system. I deleted all the versions of Java and all files associated with Java. I reinstalled all the files and have not had a problem since. I might be worth looking into.
rkaiser108

Return to Bug Reports