Duplicate error

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Duplicate error

Postby luvmiwife » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:37 am

I have a couple problems going on. One I wrote a few actions and when I validate them they keep coming up with Dupilacte Question errors. Also, When I start the game and it give you the choose actions file, I am not getting the full list of actions I have. I have the basic actions, Dr.d's actions, and some I downloaded from this site. I renamed some of them so I would better remember the actions contained in them. The new names also do not show up. Any ideas???
luvmiwife

Re: Duplicate error

Postby Don » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:51 pm

The Duplicate error indicates that there are multiple actions in the file with the same title.

The names that show up in the game (names of file) are set by the file properties, not by the file name.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby luvmiwife » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:59 pm

Hey Don,

Obviously its been while since I've been on here , but you lost me. And actually my duplicate errors are all the same and still can not get to them to come up when game starts. Whats the difference between file name and file properties and how do i fix them?
luvmiwife

Postby tecbuilder » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:49 am

I believe what Don was saying is that you are using a file that has at least 2 actions with the same name. A simple way to figure out which file is causing the problem is to open each file in the action editor and sort by title. If you see 2 titles with the same name, change one.
tecbuilder

Postby luvmiwife » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:06 am

OK one problem solved. I created an action file with about 30 actions. I validated each and every one twice. They all validated. Now how do I get this file to come up when choosing actions for the game. When I start a new game the new file does come up for me to choose. Please help we are playing on Valentines Day.
luvmiwife

Postby LXK8 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:39 am

Make sure you change the file properties.
This is what will show up; NOT the actual file name.

Also, make sure your action file is in the smae directory as the file that come with the game.
LXK8

Postby luvmiwife » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:51 pm

Ok everything validated, every changed in properties. Now how do I make sure the are same spot as actions that came with game. I see the Basic Actions file and my Dr. Delight file, but my action files are not showing up when I start the game and it says to choose action files. I have a lot of files (downloaded) and they are all always checked. So are my files possibly working just not showing up on the start screen.
luvmiwife

Return to Bug Reports