Name Wrong

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Name Wrong

Postby Griz747 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:38 pm

My name shows up as the following.

F*****to35Kc=Xy( P****t

I guess I could goto the action editor and change everything. But is thier a shortcut?
Griz747

Postby Don » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:44 am

Hi

This problem has shown up on a few systems when they upraded from version 1.2 to 1.4. It happens because of improperly created license files. There is a fairly simple way to fix it. The game's license files need to either be repaired or replaced. The license files are located in the same directory as the game itself, which is usually "C:\Program Files\Games for Loving\Bliss. The name of the files are Bliss.Board.lic and Bliss.ActionEditor.lic.

If you have your original email with your license codes, the simplest thing to do is just to delete these files. Then, when the you run the game again, it will ask for your license codes again, and you can copy and paste them from your original email, thus creating new license files and solving the problem.

Another option is to open these files in notepad and repair them.They should contain a single line of the format xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx where each x represents a letter or number and the number of sets of 4 characters will vary for each key. Generally you will find other text in the file along with the text above, which simply needs to be deleted.

Please let me know if this fails to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Don

Thanks,

Dn
Don
Super Moderator

Still Wrong

Postby Griz747 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:02 pm

I re-entered the license key, and still my name is messed up. Also on start up, before passwords, it says license invalid. Input passwords and its works fine, except for my name.
Griz747

Postby Don » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:56 am

Hi,

It sounds like something pretty strange is going on, would you please email me you license files at:

don@gamesforloving.com

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Name

Postby Griz747 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:18 pm

I was thinking about it, and the name changes after I downloaded one of the action packs that someone posted.
Griz747

Return to Bug Reports