Microsoft Net Framework Version

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Microsoft Net Framework Version

Postby bastiie » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:03 pm

Hi there!
Sorry for posting but I always get the message "Installation aborted because of a fatal error!" because obviously I don`t have Mircosoft Net Framework Version installed and can`t download it.. I have Service Pack 1 already installed so I don´t really know what to do..Can you help me and tell me what to do please? THX for ur help..
bastiie

Postby Don » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:27 am

Hi,

I assume you are running XP and that you meen XP SP1. You need to have XP SP2 installed, which will automatically install the .NET framework. Just go to http://update.microsoft.com in internet explorer, and it should guide you through updating your system to SP2.

You could also just download the .NET framework from the downloads page on this site, but it is better to get it from Microsoft because that way you will get all of the updates you need.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby ed » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:19 pm

If you really don't want to install SP2 (which as Don said, is just useful to have generally) then you can get the .NET framework version 1.1 (which iirc is the version that Bliss needs) from...
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Hth

Ed
ed

Game stopped working

Postby bothsandl » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:18 am

I had Bliss installed and working with no problems. We did not play for awhile. We tried to fire the game up and got the infamous "requires...NET framework Version 1.1..." error. All that has been done to this laptop is software installs. The .net framework has not been change with the exception of the .net 1.1 sp update from Microsoft.

I could not run the uninstaller for Bliss (to start fresh) because it requires .net 1.1 to run. So I did the following and still NO GO:

1. uninstalled .net 1.1 and the SP
2. deleted "gamesforloving" directory in "program files"
3. deleted "gamesforloving" registry entries
4. rebooted
5. re-installed .net 1.1 and the 1.1SP from Microsoft
6. Attempted to re-install Bliss and still got the .net 1.1 required error

I am not sure what to do next.
bothsandl

Postby Don » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:58 am

Hi,

You didn't specify the version of Bliss that you have. Earlier versions of the installer required the .NET Framework 1.1 and no other version would do. The current installer on the website is OK with 1.1 or 2.0. So I think the first thing I would do is try to get the latest version from the website. The .Net 1.1 message is not in the current installer.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Bug Reports