I cant get the Demo to work

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

I cant get the Demo to work

Postby Damifudo » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:33 am

I down loaded the demo yesterday at work on a desktop computor and was telling the wife about it. We are going away and thought it would be fun to take on the lap top but I wanted to show her it before I made the purchase. When I down load it and have it all installed as soon as I click the Icon I was getting a Castastrophic Failure 0X8000FFF. I downloaded PC tools for Registery fixes and ran that but when I downloaded and installed again it still would not play. Not sure what gives to get it to play correctly. I am not going to purchase it till I can get the demo to work.

Any Idea what I can do to make things operate again?

Thanks for your help
Damifudo

Re: I cant get the Demo to work

Postby Damifudo » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:30 pm

Now I get a Runtime Error!

Program:C:\Program Files\Games for loving\Bliss\Bliss exe

R6034
An application has made and attempt to load C runtime incorrectly

Uggg I give up
Damifudo

Postby dch13 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:50 pm

Are you running the java version or the regular version? Which version of windows?
dch13

Postby Damifudo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:52 pm

I am running the windows virsion.
Damifudo

Postby dch13 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:38 pm

You're probably missing something from your windows system. I've copied the program to a thumbdrive and run it straight from there on other PC's with no problem. Have you tried the Java version? Which version of windows are you running? Could also be a bad dload. Try re-downloading it and/or installing on another computer.
dch13

Postby Damifudo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:22 pm

I have windows XP and have done all the updates and it still wouldnt run. Not sure whats going on as I am not that computer savy. I have run the program at work and it looks like alot of fun but if I cant get it to run on my lap top there is nothing I can do. I have downloaded it about 5 times it just will not run on the lap top.

Thanks for your help
Damifudo

Postby dch13 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:11 pm

Hmm... I've never run into that problem, and I've run it on XP, Vista and 7. Have you tried going directly to the program folder and running it from there? Additionally, try running Windows in Safe mode and then loading the program, see what happens. Maybe also run a chkdsk on your harddrive, make sure java is updated...
dch13

Postby Don » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:44 am

Another option would be to install Java on your machine and then download jBliss (the java version of the game).

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Bug Reports