iPhone App

General discussion of iBliss on the iPhone, iPad or iTouch

Moderator: DaveBliss

iPhone App

Postby jpeterson » Wed May 18, 2011 4:24 pm

I own the windows version and bought the iPhone App. It says that I can import my custom action packs into the iPhone app. How do you do this? If I am stuck buying action packs again I am not going to be happy. Please help!!!!
jpeterson

Copying Action Files to the Bliss iPhone App

Postby DaveBliss » Wed May 18, 2011 6:51 pm

You can read directions in the Bliss iPhone app by going to Help > Game Options > Adding Custom Files. It mentions that there are two ways you can go about it:

Adding Files Via Email
  1. Email your files as attachments to an account that you can access on your device’s Mail app.
  2. Open the Mail app on your device and select the email.
  3. Find the attachment you want to send to Bliss and tap on it.
  4. Tap Open in “Bliss”

Adding Files Through iTunes
  1. Make sure your device is connected to your computer and open iTunes.
  2. Select your device in iTunes’ sidebar and click the Apps header in the main view.
  3. Scroll down to the File Sharing section and select Bliss in the Apps list.
  4. Drag the files you want to add onto the Bliss Documents list, or click the Add... button to browse for your files.

In order to follow these steps, however, you need to know where to find the action files to copy over. The location varies depending on which operating system you're running:

• For Windows XP navigate to C:\Program Files\Games for Loving\Bliss 1.6.
  • For Windows Vista or Windows 7 navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Games for Loving\Bliss 1.6.
  • For Mac OSX right-click or control-click on the Bliss application and choose Show Package Contents. Then navigate to Contents/Resources/Java.

Once you're at that location you can find the action files in the Actions folder and any profiles you've created in the Profiles folder.
DaveBliss

Re: iPhone App

Postby jpeterson » Wed May 18, 2011 10:15 pm

Ok I have successfully added my self made action files through iTunes. My question now is how do you select them? I only show the standard one available in the selection screen. If I have 2 or 3 that I have made myself will it mix them into the game automatically? Also I do not see the additional equipment lists that go along with my action files.

Thanks
Jeff
jpeterson

Postby DaveBliss » Thu May 19, 2011 8:44 am

Yes, once you've imported your action files you should see them listed on the action pack selection screen when you start a new game. Here are a couple things to check:

• Make sure you copy the individual action and/or profile files to iTunes, not the Actions and/or Profiles folders.
  • Make sure that the action files have a .bjf extension, not .bdf. If your action files have a .bdf extension then you can convert them to .bjf files using our online converter.
DaveBliss

Postby jpeterson » Thu May 19, 2011 12:40 pm

I think I figured it out. My version was in fact 1.5 so I had to convert all my action files. I think it is working fine now. I guess I'll download and install the newer version on my computer as well. Thanks for all the help. Keep up the good work.
jpeterson

Postby DaveBliss » Thu May 19, 2011 12:51 pm

Excellent, glad it worked for you. I've copied some of our exchange to a new post to help other folks. Thanks for working through it with us.
DaveBliss

Postby jpeterson » Thu May 19, 2011 2:01 pm

I will say that I have an iPhone 4 and the email method for file input did not work. It would do nothing when I tapped on the file. I had to use the iTunes method which worked fine. One other question, will my version 1.5 activation key work with the newer 1.6 version if I upgrade?

Thanks
Jeff
jpeterson

Postby Don » Thu May 19, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi,

Version 1.5 Activation Keys will work on Version 1.6

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to General Discussion