Importing Music and Pictures

General discussion of iBliss on the iPhone, iPad or iTouch

Moderator: DaveBliss

Importing Music and Pictures

Postby shadak77 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:54 pm

Don,

Thanks for adding the Bliss app to iPad. We have been users of the regular version for years and was really excited to see the new app come out. I hope it is a great success!

My question is there a way to import pictures and music so that the pictures do not show up in iPad Photo app and music does not show up in either iTunes app or iPod app?

I have imported action files by connecting my iPad, using the “add files” under the apps tab with no problem. I tried to do this with both music and pictures with no success. There are songs and pictures that we don’t want our kids to hear or see but want to use in the game. Hope there is a solution.
shadak77

Re: Importing Music and Pictures

Postby DaveBliss » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:05 pm

No, currently there isn't any way of importing music and pictures besides using the built-in Photo and iPod library. That's a good idea though; we'll take a look at how hard it would be to implement.
DaveBliss

Postby shadak77 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:10 pm

Thanks. I think it would be a great addition in the next version. In the regular version you have done such a great job of protecting it from kids and other users of the computer. Hopefully it is an issue that can be worked out.
shadak77

Postby DaveBliss » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:24 pm

The next version of iBliss, out in a few days, allows you to import your own personal music without needing to put it in your music library. You can import it through iTunes the same way you might import profiles or actions, and there are instructions for how to do so in the Help section of the app.

Unfortunately it wasn't simple to import personal photos to use as backgrounds. I can offer two alternatives:
  1. Add the photo to your photo library, pick it in Bliss for your custom background, and then delete it from your photo library. It will remain as your background picture in Bliss as long as you don't choose another skin or picture.
  2. If you have a little experience with editing graphics and zip files you can create a custom skin with your own background image and import it. There are some pointers for getting started in this post and if you have questions I can write a more complete guide.
DaveBliss

Postby Blisscouple » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:10 pm

You need to be more specific regarding importing music files in iTunes. Using the add button in iTunes navigating to the iTunes music folders will import the apple format of m4a which is not supported. What am I missing?
Blisscouple

Postby DaveBliss » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:15 am

The only supported audio formats are currently MP3 and AAC (the help docs say so but we should have pointed that out in the release notes). We'll post a new release soon with support for M4A as well. Sorry for the trouble.
DaveBliss

Return to General Discussion