Iphone name options

General discussion of iBliss on the iPhone, iPad or iTouch

Moderator: DaveBliss

Iphone name options

Postby freedevil » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:02 pm

I have supported this game for a long time now. Bought licenses and the action editor, got divorced and the owner refused to let me change the woman's name so basically I ended up losing $50. I'll deal with it. Seriously, why can't we set names on the iPhone application though? I am a single guy and I want to play these games with my partners. How am I going to pirate the iPhone game? Please consider this option in an update because its sad after paying all this money, we can't use the app the way we desire. Thank You.
freedevil

Re: Iphone name options

Postby DaveBliss » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:38 pm

There's a workaround you can use on the iPhone. First, save away any custom files you've imported via iTunes:
  1. Make sure your device is connected to your computer and open iTunes.
  2. Select your device in iTunes’ sidebar and click the Apps header in the main view.
  3. Scroll down to the File Sharing section and select Bliss in the Apps list.
  4. Select any custom files you've added and/or settings files (anything ending with .bdf) and drag them to your computer or use the "Save to..." button to copy them to your computer.
Then delete the Bliss app from your device by unchecking its checkbox in the Sync Apps list in iTunes. Click the Apply button to sync your changes. Then re-install it by checking its checkbox in the Sync Apps list in iTunes and click Apply again.

Once Bliss is installed again you can use iTunes to copy back your custom files. Repeat steps 1-3 above, and then either drag your custom files back into the Bliss Documents list or click the Add... button to browse for them.

We also plan to allow changing player names in the next version of Bliss for iOS.
DaveBliss

Postby freedevil » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:44 pm

Thank you very much. I am really happy to hear that for now this works great.
freedevil

Postby DaveBliss » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:07 am

USB cable.

If you're using iOS 5 and have wireless synching enabled then you may not even need to have your device connected. You could just have it running on the same wireless network as your computer. If in doubt, however, just plug it in with the USB cable.
DaveBliss

Postby Zuballos » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:21 am

DaveBliss wrote:USB cable.

If you're using iOS 5 and have wireless synching enabled then you may not even need to have your device connected. You could just have it running on the same wireless network as your computer. If in doubt, however, just plug it in with the USB cable.

Good hint. I'm using iOS 5 ad it works smoothly for me.

--
Mobile phone signal booster for your home.
How Mobile Phone signal booster can be useful for you
Last edited by Zuballos on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Zuballos

Postby freedevil » Tue May 01, 2012 2:52 am

I am still waiting for your promised name change update. IOS 5 has been out for a long time now. How about that promised update?
freedevil

Postby DaveBliss » Tue May 01, 2012 10:06 am

You're right, it's taken a lot longer than I thought it would. Any day now.
DaveBliss

Postby rafaelwinston23 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:44 pm

any update?
http://www.vistastemcell.com/cerebral_palsy_treatment
rafaelwinston23

Postby DaveBliss » Tue May 29, 2012 11:45 pm

Yes—version 1.1 is in the app store now and has the change. Just open the app store and visit the Updates section to update Bliss.
DaveBliss

Return to General Discussion