App for Free

General discussion of iBliss on the iPhone, iPad or iTouch

Moderator: DaveBliss

App for Free

Postby phanuel7 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:09 am

Maybe it is a good idea to make the app free for a day. This way a lot more people will get to know it and probably buy it for their PC.
After that day a lot more people will buy the app I think.

Just a small marketing idea;)
phanuel7

Re: App for Free

Postby phanuel7 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:38 am

Or maybe it is an idea to make sure the Full version can be bought within the Lite version. So just by 1 click people upgrade it, for the same price as it would be to buy it in the app store. This way a lot more people buy it, the Lite version is probably already great, but I think many people are too lazy to go to the app store. Also if you go to the app store it tuins the game you are playing, I think most people want to keep it.
phanuel7

Postby DaveBliss » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:25 am

It would take a bit of work to make the full version be an in-app purchase from the lite version. However, as you say, it would certainly be convenient. We'll consider it.

Thanks for your suggestions!
DaveBliss

Postby kiethmenker » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:03 am

thanks for sharing...
kiethmenker

Postby cajundog » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:24 pm

I agree on the app free for a day. It would be nice to get more people involved in this forum to freshen it up a bit. Having it free for a day in the app store would, in my opinion, bring in more revenue for you through the sale of the add-ons.
cajundog

Postby phanuel7 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:30 pm

have there been any developments on this topic yet?
phanuel7

Postby DaveBliss » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:49 am

We haven't decided to do a promotion like this so far. Happily Bliss seems to be selling more or less steadily, so with any luck some of the buyers may find the forum. We'll probably discuss this again, but right now I don't think we need to run a promotion.

I'm still considering making full Bliss an in-app purchase for the Lite edition; there are pros and cons to doing that. In any case I really appreciate the suggestions!
DaveBliss

Postby Atom » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:30 am

How about advertising the forum in the app? Perhaps have a link on the main menu (the one that has New Game, Settings and Help) that opens the forum in a new browser window on the ipad (or android) device.

Also it would be great if you could advertise the ability to make your own actions via the action editor and download other users action files via the forum in the Exchange. Also wondering if you can download bjf files directly from the forum into the bliss game on the ipad. I dont get the option to open these files with Bliss when opening them on my ipad.
Atom

Postby DaveBliss » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Bliss already recommends the Action Editor on the Action Packs screen when starting a game. I'm also considering adding a link to the Exchange forum on the Get Action Packs screen in the Settings.

If tapping on a .bjf file in Safari doesn't offer to open it in Bliss then that's a bug. It works for me on my device; I'll see if I can try on other devices too. Could you give it a try again?
DaveBliss

Postby OrsinPeach55 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:42 am

I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. Thanks for posting such informative content. It is extremely helpful for me.

More than 1000 nutribullet Recipes ebook
OrsinPeach55

Return to General Discussion