App hangs occasionally on iPhone

Use this forum to report any bugs encountered in iBliss.

Moderator: DaveBliss

App hangs occasionally on iPhone

Postby bru » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Occasionally, the app hangs right after the dice are rolled and they stop spinning. It varies as to how far into the game, but usually will happen once every game. The only way to continue is to press the home button and launch the app again. At that point there is no saved game and we must start over. :(

Let me know if you need more info. iPhone is a 4GS and running iOS 5.0. iBliss is full version app.
bru

Re: App hangs occasionally on iPhone

Postby DaveBliss » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:30 pm

Unfortunately we haven't encountered this before. Are you using any custom action cards, or just the standard pack? Is there any custom configuration you can think of that you're using?

Hopefully we can narrow down what might be causing your trouble...
DaveBliss

Postby Blisscouple » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:43 pm

For what is worth,occasionally the game closes on my iPad right after hitting play. It only does this about once every five games and then only when play is pressed,never quits during the game. Always use the same profiles. I do constantly change the file description in the action editor for every game to surprise my wife and keep it interesting. Perhaps there is a faulty background image?
Blisscouple

Postby DaveBliss » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:22 pm

Blisscouple wrote:For what is worth, occasionally the game closes on my iPad right after hitting play. It only does this about once every five games and then only when play is pressed, never quits during the game. Always use the same profiles. I do constantly change the file description in the action editor for every game to surprise my wife and keep it interesting. Perhaps there is a faulty background image?

With any luck we can diagnose this one more easily. If you don't mind, sync your iPad to iTunes and then send the crash report to isupport@gamesforloving.com. There are instructions for finding your crash report here.
DaveBliss

Postby bru » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:45 pm

DaveBliss wrote:Unfortunately we haven't encountered this before. Are you using any custom action cards, or just the standard pack? Is there any custom configuration you can think of that you're using?

Hopefully we can narrow down what might be causing your trouble...

No custom action cards, just the standard downloaded pack with the stock iBliss. We haven't customized the configuration other than setting a profile.
bru

Postby DaveBliss » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:57 pm

bru wrote:No custom action cards, just the standard downloaded pack with the stock iBliss. We haven't customized the configuration other than setting a profile.

Hmm, perhaps it's profile-related. Profiles haven't been tested very much. Could you email your profile file to isupport@gamesforloving.com? To get your profile file:

1. Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. Select your iPhone in the iTunes sidebar.
  2. Click on the Apps tab in the main iTunes view and scroll down to the File Sharing section. Select Bliss in the Apps list.
  3. Find your profile in the Bliss Documents list. It will be named something like Dave.bpf. Drag it to your desktop or select it and click Save to..., then choose a location to save it to.
  4. Once it's saved to your computer you can attach it to your email.

Once I get your profile I'll try to recreate the problem you're having. Thanks for the help!
DaveBliss

Postby bru » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:05 pm

DaveBliss wrote:
bru wrote:No custom action cards, just the standard downloaded pack with the stock iBliss. We haven't customized the configuration other than setting a profile.

Hmm, perhaps it's profile-related. Profiles haven't been tested very much. Could you email your profile file to isupport@gamesforloving.com? To get your profile file:

1. Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. Select your iPhone in the iTunes sidebar.
  2. Click on the Apps tab in the main iTunes view and scroll down to the File Sharing section. Select Bliss in the Apps list.
  3. Find your profile in the Bliss Documents list. It will be named something like Dave.bpf. Drag it to your desktop or select it and click Save to..., then choose a location to save it to.
  4. Once it's saved to your computer you can attach it to your email.

Once I get your profile I'll try to recreate the problem you're having. Thanks for the help!

Will do tonight. By the way, just went in to the program on my phone just to see if I could make it hang again and the first time in it did what BlissCouple mentioned in a post above - went right back to the home screen when I pressed play. Next time in, worked fine and I couldn't get it to hang after cycling through about 20-30 quick turns.
bru

Postby DaveBliss » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:16 pm

bru wrote:By the way, just went in to the program on my phone just to see if I could make it hang again and the first time in it did what BlissCouple mentioned in a post above - went right back to the home screen when I pressed play. Next time in, worked fine and I couldn't get it to hang after cycling through about 20-30 quick turns.

That's interesting. If you get the chance could you also follow my instructions to BlissCouple above for emailing your crash report to isupport@gamesforloving.com? That'll help me track down that bug too.
DaveBliss

Return to Bug Reports