Crashing on iPad 2

Use this forum to report any bugs encountered in iBliss.

Moderator: DaveBliss

Crashing on iPad 2

Postby alltheway » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:55 pm

I just got a new iPad 2 2 weeks ago, and downloaded the Bliss-Lite app (free) to try with my wife. The hope eventually was to buy the full app, depending on her response to it. However, in trying to set it up initially, I went through a quick test game fine at first. then I set it up to play music (loaded in about an 18 song playlist) but then I started getting crashes. On initial start up, starting a new game, it simply vanished when I hit "Play". Then upon restarting, I got the game to start, but only a few moves into the game, it vanished again. It did this a number of times at random. So I turned off all the ingame music, and tried again, this time it stayed for a bit longer before vanishing. It seems to be happening completely at random, and is very disconcerting. Any idea of why this might be happening? Any help would be appreciated as I have only had the app a few days now. Thanks.
alltheway

Re: Crashing on iPad 2

Postby DaveBliss » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:24 pm

While Bliss isn't a resource-hog, it's possible that it's a memory issue. To know what's really going on, however, I'll need to get a look at your crash logs.

Connect your iPad to your computer and allow it to sync, and then follow the directions at the following site to find your crash logs: http://aplus.rs/apple/how-to-find-crash-logs-for-iphone-applications-on-mac-vista-and-xp/ (if that site doesn't load then use the location from this site). Once you find your crash logs please attach them to an email to isupport@gamesforloving.com. I'll use them to track down what's going on. Thanks!
DaveBliss

Postby alltheway » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:39 pm

Thanks for the fast reply. I have just done so and sent the crash logs to that email address, as requested.

By chance does anyone know what is contained in the crash logs? No sensitive personal information I would hope? :D
alltheway

Postby DaveBliss » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 am

Thanks for sending the crash logs; I'll look into what caused the crash.

You can see what the crash logs contain by opening them in a text editor. They contain information about your device (like what device it is, the version of iOS you're using, etc.) and information about what instruction the device was trying to handle when it crashed, and what went wrong to cause the crash. So no, they don't contain any personal information.
DaveBliss

Postby alltheway » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:44 pm

Fantastic, thank you so much. I really hope it turns out to be something easily remedied. I appreciate all the help and time, and the clarification on the crash logs.
alltheway

Postby DaveBliss » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:07 am

Well, thanks to your crash logs I was able to figure out the cause of the crash that happens when starting a new game. It turns out it only happens on newer devices like the iPhone 4S and the iPad 2. The fix will be in the next release.

I believe I also figured out the crash that randomly happened during the game, but I'm not completely sure. I'll try to see if I can nail it down.
DaveBliss

Postby alltheway » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Well, I am glad (?) I was able to be of assistance, lol. I wish it hadn't been an issue in the first place, but having had the issue, I am glad the crash logs have helped towards a hopefull fix/solution. I guess I will wait for an update at some point in the future to enjoy the app. Thanks for taking the time and being such a help! I am grateful.
alltheway

Postby alltheway » Thu May 24, 2012 9:07 pm

The latest update appears to have fixed all my iPad 2 issues! Thanks so much! Can't wait to give this a try.

Also, a question: If I want to buy the full version, do I somehow update the limited version I have by buying a license, or do I have to purchase the other full version and download and install it alongside this limited version?

Thanks again!
alltheway

Postby DaveBliss » Fri May 25, 2012 12:48 am

I'm glad it works!

To get the full version you have to purchase and download it separately. You can then delete the lite version via the usual tap-and-hold mechanism.
DaveBliss

Postby Magg45 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:41 am

I've downloaded light version and according to me its best..
Magg45

Return to Bug Reports