Urgent! - Name changing in iPad version

Use this forum to report any bugs encountered in iBliss.

Moderator: DaveBliss

Urgent! - Name changing in iPad version

Postby Ken » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:41 am

Hello

There is a bug wih the ipad version and name changing. If I change the names it will just go back to the previous names after restart. If I uninstall the app and reinstall it it will just keep the names and not ask them to be input again. So now I don't know how to change the names unless i factory reset the ipad.

I have the newest ios and newest app version.

This bug should be adressed fast since most men and women wouldn't like to play with some ex girlfriend or boufriends name
Ken

Re: Urgent! - Name changing in iPad version

Postby DaveBliss » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:08 pm

Thanks for letting us know, we'll get right on this!
DaveBliss

Postby Ken » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:27 am

Hello. Where are you coming up in this issue as it is really a bother?

The game should at least ask you to input the names after a clean install
Ken

Postby DaveBliss » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:25 am

I've been trying to reproduce this on a couple of devices and can't—I'm able to change the names in the game's Setting screen and also after a fresh install. Ken, could you tell me a little more about your iPad—what version of iOS do you have, and do you have our Entangled game installed too?
DaveBliss

Postby Ken » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:07 pm

Hi again.

I have an iPad mini 4 european version with the latest ios version. I don't have entangled installed.

Regards from Ken
Ken

Postby Ken » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:11 pm

Hello

I've been playing around a little bit more with this, and so far I've come across this.

Yes it's possible to change the names, but after a clean install they change back to the first names I input into the game. I found this strange since deleting the app and installing it again should erase all data from the app. But somehow it still remember the first names I input into the game. I sometimes like to clean install the app to clear out expansion packs and also if I'm playing with a different person since I like the way it shows up asking for the names instead of having to go through the settings to change it.

But I can see the app haven't been updated for quite some time so maybe the app is discontinued?
Ken

Postby DaveBliss » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:36 pm

No, the app isn't discontinued. We have an update coming soon; it's just waiting on a bit more polish.

I really appreciate the additional info. I'll see if I can reproduce what you're seeing.
DaveBliss

Postby DaveBliss » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:53 pm

The recently released build should fix this issue. Note that you may need to set your names one more time in the game's Settings screen.
DaveBliss

Postby Ken » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:46 am

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I have tested it out and it fixes the problem to an extent.
It dosen't reverse back to the first names input after the install where a dialog box came up asking for names anymore.

I still have a question though... it used to be that every time after a fresh install of the app a dialog box would pop up, asking for the names of the players. Now it dosen't happen anymore. How can the game 'remember' the names? Since all other settings from the app is installed (permissions, expansion packs and so forth)

I would rather it saved the expansions I install and then ask for the names after a fresh install.

Best regards Ken
Ken

Postby DaveBliss » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:16 pm

Unfortunately restoring your expansions isn't possible after a delete—Apple doesn't allow us to keep files on the device without the app being installed. Apple does allow storing a small amount of information which is associated to a particular company. This is what we do for the player names. It allows us to share the names with our other (much simpler) game, Entangled, and this is why the names come back after the reinstall.

Thanks again for reporting this issue, and for enjoying Bliss!
DaveBliss

Postby Ken » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:42 am

Hmm okay, this is the first time I have ever heard of that. How does one clean out those things from an idevice? I wonder how many apps taking up a small bit of space and to never be installed agan.
Ken

Postby DaveBliss » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:35 am

I'm not sure how you'd clean it from your device, but 1) the amount of data stored is quite small, so even if your device doesn't come with much storage it won't be noticeable, and 2) I suspect most apps don't use this kind of storage. The apps that do use it are likely to be those from companies that share data among several apps on your device, like Facebook or Google apps.
DaveBliss

Return to Bug Reports