Import Action Files on Android

General discussion of iBliss on the Android platform.

Moderator: Don

Import Action Files on Android

Postby KingWillis » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Just bought android version. One question. I have action editor in PC version and as I understand I can import my edited action files into Android. How do you import action files?
KingWillis

Re: Import Action Files on Android

Postby Mario » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:24 am

Go to the root of the phone/tablet, search for folder Android, data, games for loving, files and copy your bjf file in to the actions folder.
Mario

Postby Don » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:25 am

Hi,

There are two ways to do it. The first is the direct way. Just mount your android devices PC storage onto a PC or a Mac and then look for the following folder:

/Android/data/com.gamesforloving.android.bliss/files. There you will see folders for Actions and Profiles. You can drag Action files and Profiles into the appropriate folders.

The second way is to email a profile or an action file to yourself. Then, when you open the email attachment Bliss will pop up a window which will offer to install it for you. All it does is copy it to the folders mentioned above.

You can also download Action Files directly from the website. Once they are downloaded, go to the "Downloads" app and you will see them there. You can then click on them and Bliss will install them.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby smiling grandpa » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:09 pm

having problem importing action files. I have the action editor and Solomons Delite, but when I try to load it I get an error message. I emailed the .bdf file to myself then opened it on the android. I got error message: "There is no installeed application that can open this attachment. Try downloading and appropriate application from Android Market. I have the Beta version loaded, is that a problem? Also is there a later version for android. I am still having some issues as I noted in previous emails.
Thanks,
Husband of one and father of six
smiling grandpa

Postby Don » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:27 am

smiling grandpa wrote:having problem importing action files. I have the action editor and Solomons Delite, but when I try to load it I get an error message. I emailed the .bdf file to myself then opened it on the android. I got error message: "There is no installeed application that can open this attachment. Try downloading and appropriate application from Android Market. I have the Beta version loaded, is that a problem? Also is there a later version for android. I am still having some issues as I noted in previous emails.
Thanks,

Hi,

There is a released version of the Android app, the Beta version is now obsolete.

The android version of the game (like all current versions on PC, Mac or iOS)does not support the older .bdf file format. The newer .bjf file format is required. You can convert .bdf files to .bjf files with our online converter at

http://www.gamesforloving.com/ActionConvert.aspx

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby rkaiser108 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:14 pm

Hi Don,

I used to have the PC version and have now moved to the Android version. I have all the converted files that I had on the PC, with the new extension on them. I cannot get them on my android. I emailed one to myself and tried to open it, as explained in the previous posts. Do I need the action editor to download and install the actions if they are already converted?
rkaiser108

Postby Don » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:15 am

Hi,

The method describe earlier in this topic should work, but I have seen problems with certain Android Mail readers and other issues. The following procedure has always gotten around these issues for me:

1. Install the Astro File Manager on your Android device (it is free).
2. Transfer the file to your android system either using your email or direct USB transfer. The important part is to get the file saved on the Android File system. (if you use email, choose to Save the file, not open it).
3. Open the Astro File Manager and navigate to the file that you stored above.
4. If the file is a .zip file, tap it to get "inside" of the .zip file.
5. Once you see the .bjf file, just tap it, a special Bliss screen will appear that asks if you want to install the file.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Kaylen » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:25 am

Will those steps work on the latest Android version?
Kaylen

Return to General Discussion