Action Editor and Android

General discussion of iBliss on the Android platform.

Moderator: Don

Action Editor and Android

Postby Paul_S » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:59 pm

Do I need the Beta to use the editor without the full PC version? where is the beta download link?

Is there a help page with a tutorial on installing the action files onto android?

Is there a demo mode for action editor?
Paul_S

Re: Action Editor and Android

Postby Don » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:06 pm

You no longer need the Beta version. The current version on the site includes that fix.

Installing files on android is described here:

http://www.gamesforloving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1269

Sorry, but there is not a demo mode for the Action Editor.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Ivo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:40 am

My 2 cents worth is that the action editor is worth it, even if you are just going to use it to delete action cards you don't like. Then the added bonus is customizing your own cards and the validator is helpful too in the editor so that your customized cards will be able to run. Don really has priced it right. If you plan on playing Bliss often it is worth it! This is unsolicited from a user of the program! We just wish we could spend more time editing and playing!
Ivo

Postby Paul_S » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:58 pm

I got the action editor and it works well. How do I control probability without duplicating actions?

Is there a PDF manual to the action editor?
Paul_S

Postby Don » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:38 am

Can you tell me more about what you mean by controlling probability?

There is a manual. If you have installed Bliss on a Windows machine go to your Start Menu -> Games for Loving 1.6 and you should see it there.

Or you can download it from:

http://gamesforloving.com/downloads/bliss_action_editor_manual.pdf
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Paul_S » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:45 pm

by probability, I mean the ability to control how often an action is selected or make some actions more likely to be selected. Also, how to set a maximum number of times an action can happen before it is excluded from selection.
Paul_S

Postby Paul_S » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:41 pm

The link to the pdf wants me to login to google??
Paul_S

Postby Don » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:59 am

Paul_S wrote:The link to the pdf wants me to login to google??

I just tried the link and it works fine for me. I wonder if your browser is trying to open the document in Google Office or something like that.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Paul_S » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:22 pm

you are right the link is fine. my phone was just being weird.

so I read the manual and fiddled with the editor. It seems the only way to control the repetition and passion levels in a granular way is to create a custom category (even if it is similar to an existing one).

Should I post in the feature request forum about allowing changes in passion level and repetition on built-in categories?
Paul_S

Postby Don » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:41 pm

I am not totally sure what you are trying to control.

All actions are assigned one or more categories (an example would be French Kissing). The user profile places that category of action at a particular passion level. So the passion level of an action is controlled by the categories it is assigned to and the levels that the player puts those categories at.

As an example:

Action (over simplified) - "French kiss your partner." Category: French Kissing
Profile Category "French Kissing" - Passion Level 4

Thus, this becomes a level 4 action. Now suppose a player detests french kissing and overloads that category. Now this action will never be played.

As far as repetition goes, the game never repeats an action unless it has no choice. As long as there is an unplayed action that can be played at the current board square, passion level, toy selection, etc. it will never repeat an action at all.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Paul_S » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Thank you for the explanation. I was just trying to make some actions like "french kissing" twice as likely to be selected as hugging, etc...

Now that I know actions are not reused unless necessary I can just create more similar actions to get the desired effect.
Paul_S

Postby Paul_S » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:03 am

I saw somewhere else in the forums something about overloading a category to 10 to disable it. How do you adjust the level of existing categories?
Paul_S

Postby Don » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:25 am

Paul_S wrote:I saw somewhere else in the forums something about overloading a category to 10 to disable it. How do you adjust the level of existing categories?

Hi,

Levels for a category are set in the players profiles, not in the Action Editor. Each player can have their own profile.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Paul_S » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:02 pm

does the flow of the game progress from low levels (level 1) to high levels (8 and 9) and then stay at 8 and 9 until the players stop laying?

I am asking, because it seems to progress up towards the higher levels, then it will sometimes choose an action card that is much lower than expected, like a 4 or 5. Is this just because I've not created enough high level action cards and it reuses one from ealier?
Paul_S

Postby Don » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:14 pm

Paul_S wrote:does the flow of the game progress from low levels (level 1) to high levels (8 and 9) and then stay at 8 and 9 until the players stop laying?

I am asking, because it seems to progress up towards the higher levels, then it will sometimes choose an action card that is much lower than expected, like a 4 or 5. Is this just because I've not created enough high level action cards and it reuses one from ealier?

That is correct. It will only pull in lower level actions if all of the high ones that can be used are exhausted. Keep in mind that there may be many actions that cannot be used because of profiles, clothing requirements, toy requirements, etc.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Next

Return to General Discussion