importing problem

General discussion of iBliss on the Android platform.

Moderator: Don

importing problem

Postby Dannzzigg » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:49 pm

I'm trying to import a file I created on mypc onto my android tablet.

In have tried emailing it to myself and saving it, both zipped and not.
In have tried moving it directly to the action file folder.
In have even tried uploading it here and down loading it again.

I have gotten as far as downloading the file, finding it in Astro, and attempting to open it. Just as it has for any other .bjf file that I have dl'd, the bliss screen pops up and it asks it I want to install it for use. When I select yes, and then click finish... Its not listed in my choices of action files upon starting then game.

Is the file corrupt? Am I doing something wrong?

I've attached the file, in case someone else can try it.

Any ideas? Anyone?
Attachments
Dannzzigg01-1.bjf
(175.83 KiB) Downloaded 1670 times
Dannzzigg

Re: importing problem

Postby Don » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:03 pm

Hi,

I just tried importing it on my Android device and it worked fine and appeared in the list of actions at the start of the game.

All installing it does it copies it to the folder /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.gamesforloving.android.bliss/files/Actions. You might try using Astro to copy it there?

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Dannzzigg » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:34 pm

So, apparently, the file ended up saved under a different name one that I appended from or to.

Can you please explain the Append process?

When I want to add files to my own, which one do I open and select append from? Mine or the line I want to add from?

I think that's where I went wrong.
Dannzzigg

Postby Dannzzigg » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:39 pm

And one more question... The file name I saved it as is different than the name that shows in the list. How do I change the name that shows in the list?

Thanks a bunch for the help! My fiance and I are loving the game, especially the way we can customize it to our own individual preferences.
Dannzzigg

Postby Ivo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:12 pm

Usually, the author of the file changes the name that appears in the list of games by using the action editor under file edit description (f9 shortcut) And the only reason I know this is because as an author of files, I saved them as different file names, but forgot to edit description for the bliss game to view it as I had renamed it. Hope you have an action editor- it is really handy! I edit on pc and load onto my android.
Ivo

Postby Dannzzigg » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:55 am

Ivo wrote:Usually, the author of the file changes the name that appears in the list of games by using the action editor under file edit description (f9 shortcut) And the only reason I know this is because as an author of files, I saved them as different file names, but forgot to edit description for the bliss game to view it as I had renamed it. Hope you have an action editor- it is really handy! I edit on pc and load onto my android.

I do have the action editor. I'm very new to using it, so I'm coming across all sorts of issues, questions and problems that I'm trying to find my way through.

What has me confused is the description and file name. I gather that they are not the same thing, then?

Also, one thing i want to do is to pick and choose from all of the other action files posted here, find the actions I like, make some of my own and put them all into one big file for my own use. I see that the Append file option is there for this, but I'm still confused as to how to use it.

If I open another user's file, delete what I don't want to use and keep what I do like, do I append while that file is open to move the remaining actions into my own custom file, or is it the other way around?

Thanks!
Dannzzigg

Postby Don » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Append adds all of the actions from a file on disk to whatever is currently open in the Action Editor.

So...
Open File 1
Append File 2
Save File 1 + File 2 as File 3

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby dancer4life » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:52 pm

Dannzzigg wrote:I'm trying to import a file I created on mypc onto my android tablet.

I have gotten as far as downloading the file, finding it in Astro, and attempting to open it. Just as it has for any other .bjf file that I have dl'd, the bliss screen pops up and it asks it I want to install it for use. When I select yes, and then click finish... Its not listed in my choices of action files upon starting then game.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Help! I am having this same issue. I have gone back and edited some of the actions that I had previously downloaded to my tablet. Saved them with different names and tried downloading the new ones and deleting the old ones off of my game on my tablet. However, it doesn't seem to be working. I have connected my tablet and copied files, I have tried sending them via email, nothing seems to be working. Our kids are gone this weekend and we were hoping to play it.
dancer4life

Postby Don » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:46 am

dancer4life wrote:
Dannzzigg wrote:I'm trying to import a file I created on mypc onto my android tablet.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Help! I am having this same issue. I have gone back and edited some of the actions that I had previously downloaded to my tablet. Saved them with different names and tried downloading the new ones and deleting the old ones off of my game on my tablet. However, it doesn't seem to be working. I have connected my tablet and copied files, I have tried sending them via email, nothing seems to be working. Our kids are gone this weekend and we were hoping to play it.

Hi,

One common problem is that people forget to change the description of the file in the Action Editor (press F9). The description is what actually shows up in the list on Android, so if you take a file (lets call it HotActions.bjf) that is describe internally as HotActions. Then you edit and save it as MyHotActions.bjf, but don't change the internal description it will still show up in the list as HotActions. If you want to upload the file or email it to me I will see if I see any issues.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to General Discussion