Unable to disable sound

You can use this forum to report any bugs encountered in Bliss for Android, although the in app bug reporting system is actually more effective.

Moderator: Don

Unable to disable sound

Postby RTLM » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:57 pm

I'm unable to disable the game music or sounds. This is a deal breaker as i'd never play a game with music playing from my phone or tablet. Lets face it the speakers are small and not exactly worth listening to. As it stands the music just annoying and interferes with any music playing on the stereo totally ruining the mood. I wouldn't even think of buying the Android version until this bug was fixed.
RTLM

Re: Unable to disable sound

Postby Don » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi,

You should just be able to turn the volume down while playing the game. Does that not work? That will affect the android "Game Sound" level but will not affect phone calls or ringers.

However, If you don't use the in-game sound, you will be missing out on a lot of the fun. A lot of the actions call for specific music that is different from the background music. You can always plug a headphone jack into the phone or tablet and connect it to your stereo system or better speakers.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby RTLM » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:39 pm

Don wrote:You should just be able to turn the volume down while playing the game. Does that not work? That will affect the android "Game Sound" level but will not affect phone calls or ringers.

That really doesn't work because it messes with any other game I play the next time around. Besides what if I do want the game sounds but not the music or vice versa?

The other problem here is that the music is still playing in the background which is using CPU and thus reducing the battery life of the device. It would be much better to be able to disable music and / or sound and not have that additional overhead.

Don wrote:However, If you don't use the in-game sound, you will be missing out on a lot of the fun. A lot of the actions call for specific music that is different from the background music.

I do understand that could be quite fun and will probably use it in the future. The built in music is basically meh (I know its hard to get quality music you can legally distribute) and setting up my own music takes configuration and time. I'd rather turn it off for now. In fact when I do set things up I'd probably want to disable the background music while leaving the action music or more likely set different volumes for each.

Don wrote:You can always plug a headphone jack into the phone or tablet and connect it to your stereo system or better speakers.

That's going to be one long cord then... Besides the idea is to get technology out of the way and cables all over the room does tend to kill the mood quite a bit...
RTLM

Postby Don » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:57 pm

You could also just remove all of the background music from the background music playlist.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby RTLM » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Don wrote:You could also just remove all of the background music from the background music playlist.

I tried that. It just reselected all of the songs when the game started and played them as expected.
RTLM

Return to Bug Reports