Swingers

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

Re: Swingers

Postby HarleyVidsen » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:27 pm

There's absolutely nothing repugnant or outdated about loving, committed relationships. In fact, that's what the world needs more of. What's repugnant and outdated is believing (a) that only monogamous, hetero relationships can be "loving and committed" and (b) believing that simply because a relationship is monogamous and hetero, it's "loving and committed". You're free to believe whatever you choose. I'm just trying to figure out why others who believe differently should be forced to subscribe to your beliefs and be denied this product.
HarleyVidsen

Postby Ivo » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:59 pm

Could I just point out that there is an editor? So in reality you are the one making an issue out of views here. You can simply make your own and be done with quibbling. No one has denied you - you are free to purchase or not. What you really are wanting is to force someone against their belief system to believe. and to make for you what you desire; when again you could do it yourself with the action editor. Just use words like player 1 etc on your cards.

And did I say you had to subscribe to my view? And further more did I mention any of my views? Apart from thinking that the world could use couples that love each other? I don't believe that just because one is married means everything is wonderful. I have spent a few hours making cards for my spouse and I to enjoy, and visa versa.
Ivo

Postby HarleyVidsen » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:13 pm

I see my reply didn't get posted. OK, so this site will only accept one point of view. That's the creator's choice. In fairness to potential consumers, I'll make sure that's known on other review sites.
HarleyVidsen

Postby Don » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:29 pm

HarleyVidsen wrote:I see my reply didn't get posted. OK, so this site will only accept one point of view. That's the creator's choice. In fairness to potential consumers, I'll make sure that's known on other review sites.

Harley,

I don't know what post you are referring to. Posts on this website are not edited, moderated or deleted by anyone except me and I only delete obvious spam, profane posts or abusive posts. If your post is not here it is because you didn't post it. Please feel free to submit your opinion again. Unless it is spam or a personal attack on a forum user it will not be deleted.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Ali » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:08 pm

I see this is an old conversation but I can never resist joining a bun fight.

I am unsure of the validity of the 'this is discriminating against gays/swingers' argument. Should a car manufacturer also produce pushbikes for those who don't like the internal combustion engine? I don't think so. I do wish there was explicit support for gay and group games, which I personally wouldn't use, but I don't think we have the right to demand them. As others have mentioned, the editor does allow a fair bit of flexibility and its only really the pronouns that get in the way.

I am also quite an outspoken atheist and would prefer not to see references to any specific religion but I don't think I could deny the coders their right to write the application in the way they want to write it. I always have the right not to buy the game.

--- Ali
Ali

Postby Drgong » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:30 pm

More then swingers I would love to change names in the game.
Drgong

Previous

Return to Feature Requests