Saving game

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

Saving game

Postby Seajay » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:49 pm

First I want to say how much we love the game! Awesome job! It was a huge hit with my wife. She loves it and we both have a ton of fun every time we play it!

I have a question about saving the game. Is it even possible? I don't see any options for this but since there is an option to start a new game, I thought I would ask.

If it is not possible to save a game, Why not?!!!

Our only complaint with this game is the length of time it takes to fill the board with purchased properties. It would be great if we could save the game so we could start where we left off the previous night. We could simply lower the passion level to keep from jumping right into the hot items without a proper warm up.
If it were possible to save a game we would play it every night.

What do you think?
Seajay

Re: Saving game

Postby Don » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:02 pm

NOTE: I moved this to Feature Requests

Hi,

What you say is interesting. We always thought that saving a game like this would be counterproductive because the mood would be lost, etc. I would love to hear from others on this. Is this a feature you would like to see?

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby LXK8 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:15 am

I think this would be an interesting idea.
I can see both sides of the argument.
Then again, you wouldn't HAVE to use the 'save game' option so I guess it would be nice to have.
LXK8

Postby blushingbride » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:58 am

I'd love to have a save option. I agree that you could just knock down the level, or you could 'warm up' before starting to play again the second night.

Thanks!
blushingbride

"Speed" version ...

Postby Xenon » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:38 am

We like to play monopoly as well, and there are "speed" versions of monopoly that could perhaps be incorporated ...

Specifically, I agree that sometimes getting all the properties "built" takes too long. One speed version of monopoly has you deal out all the property cards to start ... something like that could work in Bliss....

To start, you each get 5 properties or something like that, and can pick what you want to build....
Xenon

Postby christianlover » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:28 pm

That's a neat idea, Xenon. I doubt it would be too difficult to make that happen.
christianlover

Postby welshlover » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:27 pm

I just stumbled across this post. I'd like to see this feature, or at least something similar. As Don suggests, saving the game and resuming it would kill the mood.

However, I think saving away the actions that you have played and then resuming with those actions eliminated from the new game would be a great addition to the game.

This would mean that you would guarantee fresh actions for the new game but start back at the appropriate temperature.
welshlover

Postby Karkhan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:44 am

I agree this would be a great feature. It would be interesting to know if the game could hold all the action files in one file, if built that way, and then remember which have been played before.

Another idea that would go along with this is not duplicating actions that are keyed for more than one "site." Some people use the same action on different spaces and trying to ensure they come up but sometimes this happens quite often, you do one action on one space and then move to another and it is immediatly repeated. This becomes boring after a while.

Just some thoughts.
Karkhan

Postby chustme » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:47 pm

I don't think saving the game would be particularly useful, but a quick start version where each player gets some starter properties may or may not be nice.

You do understand that you don't actually NEED to own and/or build on all spaces in order for the game to "end"... ? :)
chustme

Postby coffeeman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:53 am

I agree with welsh lover, the main purpose I think of a save feature would be for the non repeating of actions. I don't rank the saving of purchases as a high priority, only the tagging of completed actions.
coffeeman

Postby welshlover » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:47 pm

It would be interesting to hear if Don thinks this would be at all possible with the way the game is written or if it's beyond the realms of possibility? Don?
welshlover

Postby rich4lyn » Sun May 06, 2012 6:51 pm

I believe saving the game would be a great option. Not necessary, but a good if you need to interrupt for short periods of time and don't want to start over purchasing property and building. I think it is a good idea and if possible should be perused. Just my 2 cents (or nickel in this economy).
rich4lyn

Postby giga_watts » Sat May 19, 2012 8:16 pm

I'd like to add my thoughts to the saved game feature.

I sometimes get the same action when playing the game at different times. I'd like a feature (an option) to keep track of played actions. When set, a played action would not be played again unless there are no other actions of that level/category. If have an option to "start fresh" at the beginning of a game which clears out the history.

Here's another idea, a bit different, but it helps personalize the game. When an action is played, to continue you can click OK (I liked this action) or OK (Not so much). Actions I like will be more likely to be played and actions I don't like so much aren't as likely to be played. Perhaps its simpler than "likely": You have a flag on an action. It could have a state of NULL where it's never been played, ONE (it's been played and I like it), or ZERO (It's been played and I don't like it). ZEROs never get played, only ONEs or NULLs. Begs a question: What if you do want to play it later? Dunno about that. Maybe have an interface in the action editor where it says: You have actions you've disabled. Would you like to review them?" Or it's a field in the action itself (and maybe a filter of Not Liked Actions) you can enable/disable. Or in the Game you have an option to reset all actions to unplayed...

Just a thought.

Blissfully yours,
Giga
giga_watts

Return to Feature Requests