No building

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

No building

Postby Karkhan » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:40 pm

As it stands right now there is no situation for squares that are owned but not built upon. I would love to know if this can be created. Could this be done with custom editing? Will the game support this? If so you could have an option that no property could be built until all the squares were taken. My wife and I try and play until all the squares are occupied by either she or I and will not let the "game" end until this happens. I would love for there to be an option to take back property or be able to "steal" property from another player as well. Is any of this doable?
Karkhan

Re: No building

Postby Binky » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:22 pm

This situation you described is called "Undeveloped Property."

Each time a property is purchased, you can choose to build or not. You are free to play that however you choose. If you wanted to always decline to build until all squares are purchased, that is supported by the game, but not enforced (i.e. you could accidentally build something before all the properties are bought). If you actually played the way you described, I think the game would take an excessively long time.

Lastly, I am unaware of any provision to take back or steal a property, however, you get the choice of pay or work each time you land on your spouse's property. By choosing "Work," you are temporarily acting as if you own the property. This is another case where you can play by meta-rules or rules outside the game (e.g. when a certain thing happens, you now have to choose work when you land on the Doctor's Office). Granted, that could get quite confusing, but is possible. We only have one rule outside the game and that is we can decline anything it pops on the screen.

In the end, the point is to have intimate fun with your wife. You're making it too complicated. Relax and have some fun!
Binky

Re: No building

Postby Karkhan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:59 pm

Yes, I understand all that you wrote. However, I don't think I am making it too complicated. And yes, I am trying to prolong the game. As it stands now we can play the game in about an hour, hour and a half and have all spots taken and just end whenever we like. We have gone to seeing who can push the other to making the game last as long as possible untl desire takes over. We have a blast playing the game, we would just like to have a way to prolong it.

Stealing property is no longer a desire at it really doesn't provide what we are looking for. Being able to place a check mark in a box that would not allow you to build until all spots are owned would be nice. Again I am not sure if this is really what we are looking for either. What would be nice is if the underdeveloped land option could be utilized for just that occasion. Only works when a property is owned but not built on. These actions will also come up when you land on it to purchase the property but have yet to build something. I would love to see these seperated. Underdeveloped land is a square that is occupied as it is being bought and built on while Owned land is occupied by a player yet nothing has been built yet. Is it possible to create this as a custom situation and the game understand what we are trying to accomplish? I am not sure if I have done it correctly but I don't think it is. The way it is working for me is that Owned land becomes a type of building and nothing else can be built. This is not what we are trying to accomplish. We still want to build but later on in the game.

Just my two cents of course but things we would like to see.
Karkhan

Return to Feature Requests