Clothing Editor, Gameboard, and general enhancements

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

Clothing Editor, Gameboard, and general enhancements

Postby Beechstreet129 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:58 pm

This is a great game! My wife and I tried it the other day. She is fairly conservative, but gave a resounding "Yes" to more play in the future.

Here's a few things I think could help the game:

Clothing Editor
Regardless of whether a person needs to use the advanced editor, I think the picture at the right of the advanced editor should always be shown. That way, as a player clicks (and sometimes unclicks), they can see the figure being dressed. This added feature would be a visual check so that click mistakes could be detected before playing the game. It may also help them see when a selected clothing layer is in the wrong layer.

Miscellaneous Clothing Assignment options to include
Bodystockings can have open bust as well as an open crotch.
Baby Dolls can have an open bust

Gameboard - Player Icons during play
Displaying a "dress status" Icons/images (similar to what is in the clothing editor but smaller) would be a great feature. Obviously, as a player undresses, it is more than apparent to the players. But Bliss is a board game, so it's a good reminder when looking at the board too. But more importantly, it would help the players understand how the game is interpreting some of the actions. For instance, if an action tells the female player "Take off your babydoll", she can see if the game means baby doll top AND the g-string or panties (because even the clothing editor doesn't appear to make this distinction--so is the player topless or nude?), or just the top. There was once where we missed a "take off clothing" command buried in the other instructions. Again, a player status icon would help here.

This feature could even be a little campy in its animations if you thought that was possible.

General setup at beginning of the game
As the game is being set up, it would be nice to have a "Back" button to fix mistakes. Don't know how many times I realized I did something wrong just after hitting ok/finish

Other
Another possible enhancement would be to have a "Whose turn is it?" status at the top-right-hand corner, or have the current player's playing icon flash, etc... Not super-important but perhaps helpful.

***** I forgot to mention the following in the original post, but decided it wasn't worth a new topic/post. So I just re-edited...

"Clothing Available" option
Perhaps already requested or too complicated to implement, but it would be interesting if, when a player is using the clothing editor at the beginning of a new game, to have two boxes for each clothing item: 1) the normal "What I am wearing" box, 2) an additional, "I'm not wearing but have available" box. only one could be selected for each item. The benefit could be to either put on different clothing than what had been removed, or replace. For instance, if the female player is wearing normal panties but has a thong available, when she is down to her underwear, an action could say, "<perhaps 'go into an adjacent room and'> Change into a thong". That way, you're not programming for elaborate, complicated costume changes but still providing the means to increase the sexual tension of the clothing factor of the game.

The way I've gotten around this for now is to create an action that accomplishes such a task with a reminder to go into the clothing editor before moving on to the next turn. But an automatic feature would be better and less complicated for the avg user.
Last edited by Beechstreet129 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Beechstreet129

Re: Clothing Editor, Gameboard, and general enhancements

Postby RTLM » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:23 am

Beechstreet129 wrote:Clothing Editor
Regardless of whether a person needs to use the advanced editor, I think the picture at the right of the advanced editor should always be shown. That way, as a player clicks (and sometimes unclicks), they can see the figure being dressed. This added feature would be a visual check so that click mistakes could be detected before playing the game. It may also help them see when a selected clothing layer is in the wrong layer.

+1 I switch to the advanced editor after selecting things in the basic editor just to confirm things "look right"

Beechstreet129 wrote:General setup at beginning of the game
As the game is being set up, it would be nice to have a "Back" button to fix mistakes. Don't know how many times I realized I did something wrong just after hitting ok/finish

I agree I seem to set something up incorrectly from time to time and its a bit of a hassle to have to start from scratch.
RTLM

Postby Beechstreet129 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:54 am

Since writing the original post, I went into the game to test how the game interprets the clothing item "Baby doll" (As mentioned in the original). Apparently, the game interprets this as both the top and bottom. However, a lingerie site my wife uses indicates that the bottoms are either included as a "matching" accessory or in many cases not at all. Thus, a status icon displayed during the game might help here. Even the clothing editor doesn't indicate whether choosing this item includes the top and bottom (since in the image, the woman is covered in that area by the top). Not sure if any other clothing items have this nuance.
Beechstreet129

Postby Don » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:43 am

Hi,

Those are some great ideas and some that I will certainly add to the list for a future release.

I did want to clarify the baby doll. It treats a baby doll as just the top (they don't all have matching thongs). If you are wearing a matching thong you should specify that as a separate item.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby NoLosers » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:16 am

The game doesn't seem to allow multiple similar items either. I tried to do a little extra clothing surprise in a game as sort of a cheat by wearing a thong covered by briefs, covered by boxers. The game didn't really understand which order they would have to be worn.
NoLosers

Postby Don » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:41 am

NoLosers wrote:The game doesn't seem to allow multiple similar items either. I tried to do a little extra clothing surprise in a game as sort of a cheat by wearing a thong covered by briefs, covered by boxers. The game didn't really understand which order they would have to be worn.

You would need to use the advanced clothing editor to do this.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Feature Requests