Replace "specific" clothing area

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

Replace "specific" clothing area

Postby Ivo » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:00 am

When removing clothing you can specify clothing area where the clothing is to be removed.

It would be nice if the same could be done for replace or put on clothing. There are some action cards that I've made that make it difficult to keep the action editor on track- it usually replaces the last piece of clothing taken off, when the action card specifies a different area of the body.

Is a possible work around to use the player state? Most likely not as it may take a couple turns for the player state clear card to come up.

Currently, we could just take off the item and replace it each time until the player state card appears?

The problem is that with the clothing editor - I only see where you can edit the subjects clothing on the turn not both. Just some thoughts.
Ivo

Re: Replace "specific" clothing area

Postby LXK8 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:11 am

I agree with this idea. Occasionally when playing, the same item of clothing keeps getting replaced then removed then replaced then removed over and over again.
LXK8

Postby Don » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:04 am

The replace clothing item choice is kind of limited because you can only replace what you have taken off. So it wouldn't really work to specify a body area for replacement because what needs to be replaced is whatever was taken off last.

It does seem odd that you are seeing the same item off and on repeatedly, it sounds like the logic to prevent that isn't working right.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Ivo » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:19 pm

Don, I see what you are saying however, I have added actions that have in the equiment a piece of clothing to put on for the card and sometimes it is requested to leave on. We have been using the clothing editor. Is there a way to code this into the game a put on code added to the game not a replace clothing-- that might be a nightmare though. How about through player state?
Ivo

Postby Don » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:34 pm

So you are wanting to put on an item of clothing that was not originally being worn?
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Ivo » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:39 am

correct, but I'm not sure what that would do to your code. We have managed using equipment and clothing editor so far to put on the clothing item for a turn or two. I've even used player state with it to do other actions. I see these as viable work arounds. It could be interesting to have a "put it on code", which would be different from the replace code. Between the two maybe it would act as a player state switching the player into those conditionals. You are the code expert, it might be too much and not function well-- I always have on the bottom of these cards-- change clothing editor. This isn't a big deal to me either way.
Ivo

Return to Feature Requests