MAC Support

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

MAC Support

Postby Don » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:18 pm

Hi,

When Bliss was initially released, we did not intend to offer Mac support. However, due to overwhelming demand, we are now developing a Mac version of the game.

We do not have a formal release date yet, but as soon as one is determined, it will be posted here.

Thanks,

Don
don@gamesforloving.com
Don
Super Moderator

Mac Support!

Postby stg30rg3 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:59 pm

Followed the link from Regina's article at the Wired site and was not hopeful there would be Mac version. I was working on my diplomacy and politically correct language to send a request, only to find you have already decided there are enough Mac users to make it worth your while. Great!

And we have more free time since we don't have to mess about with making Windows behave... (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Thanks,

Chip
stg30rg3

Postby macdude22 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:37 pm

I also saw the Wired link and found the site. The special someone and I are currently running the Demo in Virtual PC. Runs fine on my iBook which is impressive. We are excited to hear about the Mac OS Version as we primarily use Macs. However I don't consider Virtual PC to be the end all solution. We would definitely purchase the Mac OS version. Is there any news as to when it will be released? If we purchase the Windows version will we be able to get a free "crossgrade" to the Mac OS version when it is released? If that would be the case we would purchase the Windows version. Otherwise we will wait for the Mac OS version. Otherwise great game for couples.
macdude22

Postby Don » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:32 pm

A license for Bliss is issued to a couple, not to a computer. The first name of the male and female players are both encoded in the license, making the license useful only to t hat couple.

A Bliss license will work with any version of the game, PC or Mac (or even Pocket PC when it is introduced). Thus, any license purchased will work with any version of the game. So if you buy a license now, all you need to do is download the Mac version (when it becomes available) and plug your license code into it.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Progress?

Postby stg30rg3 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:49 pm

Tell me there's been loads of progress and a Mac version will shortly be available. Please?
stg30rg3

Postby Don » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:32 am

I sure wish i could tell you there has been lots of progress, but I can't.

The Mac release of Bliss is largely tied to the Mono project http://www.mono-project.com. They are significantly behind on their Mac release (well perhaps it is not fair to call it behind, because there really wasn't a schedule in the first place). This is delaying the mac release of bliss as well. I am working with them and contributing to the Mac driver for Mono, but things are not going really fast. I had hoped for June, now I am guessing more like August.

Sorry,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Strijder » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:59 pm

Don wrote:A Bliss license will work with any version of the game, PC or Mac (or even Pocket PC when it is introduced).

*double-take* did I really see that there is a PPC port in the works? Any idea when that will be available?

-Scott
Strijder

Postby Moondial » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:21 pm

Don wrote:I sure wish i could tell you there has been lots of progress, but I can't.

The Mac release of Bliss is largely tied to the Mono project http://www.mono-project.com. They are significantly behind on their Mac release (well perhaps it is not fair to call it behind, because there really wasn't a schedule in the first place). This is delaying the mac release of bliss as well. I am working with them and contributing to the Mac driver for Mono, but things are not going really fast. I had hoped for June, now I am guessing more like August.

Sorry,

Don

Does this mean it's available soon? :D :?:
Moondial

Postby pedrocc » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:33 am

Last edited by pedrocc on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
pedrocc

Postby macdude22 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:56 pm

Any word on the Mac Version, not to be pushy or anything. Just interested in the Mac version still. Is it possible the new Intel Macs will provide a little faster progression, even if the release was Intel Mac only?
macdude22

Postby Don » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:22 pm

Hi all,

I actually have some good news on this front.

I gave up on the mono project and am in the midst of porting Bliss to Java. This should allow it to run on Mac, Linux or Windows. The effort has been going very well, and we will probably be looking for Mac Beta Testers by the first part of March.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby AdventurousOne » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:27 pm

I can attest to the fact that Bliss DOES work in the beta version of Boot Camp, created for the Intel Macs and to be released officially with Leopard later this spring. Have not tested this in Parallels.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/
AdventurousOne

Postby macdude22 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:00 pm

Most anything will run with Boot Camp as it is just Windows installed nativly on X86 hardware. It also works in parallels as well. I'm more interested in native support for the Mac(I'm A OK with Java apps, I think they are great for cross platform compatibility). For me works in virtulization or under windows isn't a long term acceptable option, lot of folks don't want to buy a copy of windows, nor do I relish the idea of booting up Windows any more than neccecary. I'm very glad to see the Java port in the worx and would be happy to beta test under Mac OS X and Linux.
macdude22

Postby AdventurousOne » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:04 pm

Agreed. But still, it does mean I can still play and not have to haul around my PC too.

Oh Java version, how soon will you come?!
AdventurousOne

Postby macdude22 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:43 pm

AdventurousOne wrote:Agreed. But still, it does mean I can still play and not have to haul around my PC too.

Oh Java version, how soon will you come?!

I agree with you, I personally am a Mac User. Professionally I have to deal with Mostly Windows machines, as well as quite a few Macs and some Linux machines as well. Not only that but we run the gamut of people using 2K, XP, starting to get Vista in there, Office 2K, 2K3. A MacBook Pro with Parallels allows me to support nearly all our various setups from one lone laptop I can wisk from location to location.
macdude22

Next

Return to Feature Requests