Swingers

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

Swingers

Postby Zyxwv88 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:45 pm

Ok, this one probably won't be top on everyone's list, but it would be cool to add support for 3 or 4 players and have some added options for each. Possibly some rules that can be established for the relationships between different people/sexes/whatever. And although I wouldn't want it personally, I'm sure that there are same sex couples who would like to be able to specify different relationships.

I guess it depends on how conservative you are, but I can see a lot of potential for this program as an ice breaker for swingers. I purchased the program and everything and my wife and I will use it, but sometimes we like to invite others to join us and I think that this game would be a fun way to do it.
Zyxwv88

Postby Don » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:31 am

Hi,

This is a question we struggled with a little when we designed the game. We recognize that there are other sexual orientations besides monogomous straight couples. However, we decided that we would not be able to meet the needs of these alternate lifestyles without compromising the primary intent of the game, which is to help straight couples in long term relationships stay together and improve their relationships.

As a result of that, Bliss is a game for straight couples. We do not currently have any plans to address any other markets or sexual orientations.

Don
don@gamesforloving.com
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Strandon » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:47 am

I willl support this game for as long as it remains directed for monogomous straight couples.
So far we are loving it.

Be blessed
Strandon

Postby avatar » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:01 am

I understand that this might not be for everyone, but could it not be offered as an extension/expansion pack for those that are interested? That way it isn't detracting from the original aim of helping straight couples but is available for those couples, straight or otherwise, that might enjoy this kind of activity.

Myself, I am in a fully committed straight relationship which I love, but I might be interested in playing this game with more than two people at a party or somethig similar. I am definitely interested in having this as an option, especially as it's much easier than playing in "teams" in the original version.

Thanks

Sara

Postby momminy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:04 pm

One of the things I've liked most about this game is that it is to build and deepen the relationship between a man and a woman. We too, will continue to support and tell others about this game as long as it stays true to the original intent! Thanks!
live, laugh, love
momminy

Alternate Sexual Orientations

Postby TwentyYearGap » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:19 pm

I guess it would always be possible to just tell those folks who choose alternate sexual orientations - they can either have 1 partner be the "Female Player" and the other be the "Male Player" or - for Swingers/Groups you could make up your own 'rules' -- just as Äll males do <males action> to <female partner/to their right/left/whatever>" or , just take turns being the named Male or named Female.

From what I've seen of the Add-On Pack, Dr. D. Light _could_ possibly develop an add-on for other orientations - (Dr. D. seems to either be very sexually well versed/liberal or has a really _good_ imagination) -- but I wouldn't tell him/her what to write! (Plus - it would still have to be within the confines of the outline of the general game layout I believe.)
TwentyYearGap

Postby Tater » Thu May 18, 2006 4:35 pm

I don't think that this game should be extended to anything that is not, just as it says on the top of the page "Romantic games for loving couples".

Sure there is sensuality and sexuality, but what makes Bliss special and unique are the actions that bring you closer emotionally -- this is the realm of a loving couple, not the realm of recreational sex.

On the front of same-sex partners I think it would be trivial to edit an action set for such a use. Delete actions for the opposite sex, mark the remaining actions "both" and play. The only problem I see would be that one partner would be referenced with incorrect pronouns.

I do see the dilemna of marketing a gay-friendly version. Doing so would bring in new customers while alienating others.

Avatar -- as far as a party version, like I said above I believe that would be a different game. You might want to look at games like 4play which support up to six players of various orientations.

I think that Bliss is truly unique in that it is about intimacy of all kinds, not merely the physical. I feel like my $39 spent on Bliss was like bringing home a winning lottery ticket.
Later, Tater
Tater

Postby hamletc1602 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:12 pm

I was interested in purchasing this game, but seeing the narrow minded and mean spirited nature of the company, I think I'll avoid it.

Too bad.
hamletc1602

Postby Dean7878 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:58 am

hamletc1602 wrote:I was interested in purchasing this game, but seeing the narrow minded and mean spirited nature of the company, I think I'll avoid it.

Too bad.

Sorry to do this, but sombody has to!

What an unbelievable, load of crap! There was not a mean spirited word on this site until your post. Certainly not from the company!! There was not an anti-gay or anti-swinger comment either! That is unless you conceder having the freedom to choose how you make a living hateful! If that’s the case then hurry up and call Kentucky Fried CHICKEN! Last time I checked you cannot get a burger there. Is KFC Anti-Beef or is this still America, where a man is free to specialize in any business he wants as long as its legal?

I personally don’t give a dam how someone else plays the game! 2, 4, 8 players, teams or all men. It has no bearing on my life. If others are gay or are swingers they will act as such regardless of weather or not Don modifies his business to include them!

As for gay people, guess what, Don has made it so you can makeup your own actions! I have even done it about 50 times myself! Dump the female specific ones and change the rest!

To hamletc1602, whoever you are, I would be willing to bet you a very large amount of money that you are a extremely firm believer that straight people should be tolerant of gay, lesbian and trans gender lifestyles, and those who support them. Would it not be hypocritical not to be just as tolerant of straight monogamous couples, and a company that specializes in products for them? I think it would, and I think you know that.

Thank you!

For the record I am not affiliated, in any with anyone or anything associated with the company, the website or any of the people who are! Im just a guy who bought the game about a month ago!
Dean7878

Postby hawkf14 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:03 pm

[quote="Dean7878"][quote="hamletc1602"]I was interested in purchasing this game, but seeing the narrow minded and mean spirited nature of the company, I think I'll avoid it.

Too bad.[/quote]

Sorry to do this, but somebody has to!

What an unbelievable, load of crap! There was not a mean spirited word on this site until your post. Certainly not from the company!! There was not an anti-gay or anti-swinger comment either! That is unless you conceder having the freedom to choose how you make a living hateful! If that’s the case then hurry up and call Kentucky Fried CHICKEN! Last time I checked you cannot get a burger there. Is KFC Anti-Beef or is this still America, where a man is free to specialize in any business he wants as long as its legal?

To hamletc1602, whoever you are, I would be willing to bet you a very large amount of money that you are a extremely firm believer that straight people should be tolerant of gay, lesbian and trans gender lifestyles, and those who support them. Would it not be hypocritical not to be just as tolerant of straight monogamous couples, and a company that specializes in products for them? I think it would, and I think you know that.[/quote]

Dean7878,

Very good reply.

I have discovered that the people that think they are being discriminated against are the ones doing most of the discriminating.

Don and his company have put out this game and are very open about who they are marketing to. They do not try to hide that this is a Christian company marketing to Christian "married" couples. I do not believe they are attempting to be anti-gay any more than I think they are attempting to be anti-swingers.

You are going to find people like hamletc1602 that will find something to complain about. It is interesting to me that the person took the time to sign up and then post to the forum. They must really have a chip on their shoulder. Maybe if they would spend some time reading the Bible, which is what the game is based around and marketed to, they would learn a little and maybe be able to take that chip off.

Just my humble opinion.
hawkf14

Postby romeo » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:39 pm

Creating a great game requires careful choices to ensure usability. This game is very carefully tuned to the one use case and it seems a lot of people like that and exactly like that. But is not the only possible game and the only possible set of actions and another set of people are thinking whether it is possible to extend it and if so how.

Changing the design to incorporate more players, longer term/remote play, gay or changing from board to e.g. poker is all possible but possibly distract and dilute the current focus. It may be possible to add one or the other aspect but not all of them. Software complexity can explode and you only know with hindsight when it did.

The argument for expanding into new areas is increasing the feed of actions. The more people use it the more will contribute. One option to achieve this would be to open the action format and by that allowing other games to be designed to cater for the areas where Bliss won't go.

Just an idea,

romeo
romeo

Postby Don » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:21 am

Secoff,

Although I had to edit your post, your point is very well made. Bliss addresses a specific market. There are other games for other markets.

We founded Games for Loving for the purpose of supplying wholesome games to enhance a monogamous relationship. Providing games for other lifestyles is not part of our plans, even though we know that our games do not meet the needs of everyone.

We fully support the right of each individual to live his or her life as they see fit, and make no judgements regarding other lifestyles.

I want to thank all of you who have participated in this forum for you input and your ideas.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Re: Swingers

Postby RabbitBunny » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:21 pm

I had been trying to decide whether to purchase this game I had several factors that I was considering.
1. Would I be able to get "Bunny" to play
2. Would the cost be worth it if I did not get her to play.
3. I knew that if she were to play I would have to edit the actions first
4. At 46 years of marriage change is difficult.
Then I found this post and decide that I would purchase even if we never played the game, I was impressed with games for loving need the support of people of like mind.
I still have not even approached "Bunny" about playing, but I feel that this game in its form will be a great help to many couples. Please Keep it for Couple (man/woman hopefully and happily married).
RabbitBunny

Postby HarleyVidsen » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:43 am

Just have to laugh at the hypocrisy of dean and hawk, along with feeling sorry they have such narrow-minded views. I', not sure why allowing others to enjoy this game bothers them so, or why it's even any of their business how others choose to use this game. At least I give the game's creator credit for struggling with the idea and considering change.

It's painfully obvious that if one group can't use a product that others can, that's discrimination. Sorry, but you can't change the facts to justify your own political beliefs.

And please don't pretend they're "Christian" beliefs. At best, they're YOUR version of Christian beliefs and, at worst, no true Christian would hold the beliefs you do.

Again, the perfect solution would be to offer add-on packs for those in different lifestyles. My wife and I would have no need for them, so we'd just ignore them. But those people would have access to a game just like we do. Otherwise, what other criteria are you going to use to discriminate? Are you going to sell to other races? Do you sell to Jewish couples? What if one of the spouses in a "Christian couple" is engaged in infidelity at the time of purchase? The list is endless. hawk and dean would require a purity test prior to purchase, I guess.

Do you think there are already activities within the basic game that some people find uncomfortable? Oral sex? Toys? Anal sex? Should you just allow the lowest common denominator to make sure no one's offended? Who gets to decide what's appropriate? The guy who creates the game? The people who buy it?

See, it's just so easy to destroy the logic of the hypocrites on this site hiding their ultra-conservative politics behind some phony religious argument.

Had I seen this political stance prior to buying this game, I probably wouldn't have purchased it. I'll continue to tell people what I've already told 2 other couples....."the game itself is pretty darn good, but you have to realize your money is going to support some pretty repugnant and outdated beliefs.
HarleyVidsen

Postby Ivo » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:50 pm

I was going to ignore this whole discussion until the word repugnant came into play. So It is repugnant to be in a loving committed relationship? How odd?

Outdated? So now that fact that we want to love each other and stay with each other is outdated?

Seems to me that the world could use some stable couples loving each other and giving stability to each other in such a world that we live in, if these concepts offend- it is strange to me. Love and commitment not strange to me at all.
Ivo

Next

Return to Feature Requests