French Version

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

French Version

Postby Griz747 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:49 pm

Don, I am not Candaian, in fact the only good thing about Cansanian's is..... Let me get back to you on that. How about a Candaian version. Could also be used in some parts of Louisanna. I was thinking that I may use my french skills in helping translate the actions to French.

How many actions are there?
Griz747

Postby Don » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:32 pm

Griz,

I will tell you up front that translation of Bliss is not an easy task. We have had several people start the project, and they have all given up part way through.

It is not that there is anything that hard, it is just that there is so much of it.

To translate Bliss into another language, there are three steps.

1. There is a strings.txt file that contains short text strings that need to be translated.
2. There is a resource file that contains about 20 dialogs. The text on these must be translated also.
3. Then comes the hard part, translating about 750 Actions.

I am planning to add one feature in the next releast that will make this a little easier. I am going to put multi-language capability in an action file so the same file can contain actions in multiple languages.

Anyway, if you really want to go ahead, let me know and I can get you the necessary tools.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Feature Requests