Networking support

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

Networking support

Postby spark » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:38 pm

Hi Don,

Found my way here via the wired article, like everyone else. Haven't tried the game yet, but the reviews are just glowing with praise. I would like to know, if the game has (or will have) networking support. That is, can a synchronized session of Bliss be run simultaneously on two computers, by a couple that is geographically apart? Or would the game not work that way? (don't underestimate the feel-good effects of a little cybernaughtiness 8))

For example, a couple I know - he's an engineer now on the West Coast, she's a doctor on the East Coast - well, they have been married with kids for thirty years but haven't been able to live together for the last ten (he had to choose between a promotion-with-relocation vs. a layoff, and she would have had to study and get licensed in a new state, and then build a whole new practice). Their marriage has cooled but they've stuck it out so far to put their kids through college... maybe your game could help them!

Thanks for the info.
spark

Postby ed » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:48 pm

Perhaps by differentiating between actions that can be performed over webcam/text vs those requiring the person to be in the room (status flag etc). Might need a few more actions to take the place of ones that cannot come up during remote play.
ed

Postby Don » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:29 am

This is a pretty cool idea. I don't think I will be able to add it to Bliss anytime soon, but I will absolutly consider this for our next game.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Syrrys » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:59 am

We're big supporters of this idea as well!

Even for shorter times apart it would be nice to be able to play with each other!
Syrrys

Return to Feature Requests