Skins and general game appearance

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

Do you think the overall game appearance needs improved?

Yes
54%
No
32%
Don't Care
14%

Total votes : 28

Skins and general game appearance

Postby socallovers » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:49 am

I am very pleased with the game, and having a blast using the action editor. :D My biggest complaint is probably the overall appearance: for a game that costs $29.95, it looks a little too home-made. I would think it would be well worth the money to hire a graphic designer for a few hours to create a much more professional looking exterior for the game.
I was hoping for an improvement in this area in 1.5, but it doesn't look like that is happening. :(
socallovers

Appearance

Postby Oldbitcollector » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:51 am

For us this game is about content... As discussed in another thread, this could be done successfully on a Palm Pilot without the game losing a beat. Professional artwork would "spruce up" the game, but doubt that it would enhance the game for us.

Oldbit
Oldbitcollector

Postby momminy » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:14 pm

I took the poll and checked yes to the question of whether the appearance of the game needed improved. This was because I thought when we maximized the game, the whole board should maximize, not just the black screen around it. Then, we downloaded and played 1.5 and the whole board maximized! Just what we wanted. I love the alterations in version 1.5! I think this was a great game to begin with and is now even better! Keep up the good work, Don!
live, laugh, love
momminy

Postby Don » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:42 am

socallovers,

Just out of curiosity, have you tried the various skins that ship with Bliss? Do you think that they improve the appearence?

Don
Don
Super Moderator

skins

Postby socallovers » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:41 am

Don,

We have used the various skins, as well as the skins that others have posted. They look fine. I don't mean to say that the game looks lousy. I work with graphic designers pretty regularly, and know that a good designer could do wonders to the appearance.

By the way, I think the top banner on the gamesforloving home page looks awesome. That's the kind of professional look I would love to see throughout the game.

socallovers
socallovers

Return to Feature Requests