Change Default Install Location

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

Change Default Install Location

Postby tecbuilder » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:17 pm

Due to the nature of this program and the potential for children to have access to the computer to which this program is installed, it would be great to be able to select where I want the program installed. Since I use XP Pro I can use security restrictions to allow only certain logins access to the Bliss folder. But those who do not have XP Pro do not have this luxury and must bury the folder somewhere that the kids will be less likely to find.
tecbuilder

Postby Don » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:34 pm

Hi,

The third screen in the installation allows you to change the location where the game is installed.

Also, the password system in the game can prevent anyone from running it without the password.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby tecbuilder » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:46 pm

Yeah, I uninstalled and re-installed wondering if I missed it and sure enough, it is right where you said it was. I know the password will keep the kids out, but I would also rather not create the temptation for them to try to hack into it.

Sorry and thanks for straightening me out.
tecbuilder

Postby AJB » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:34 am

I have installed Bliss onto a USB memory stick (128Mb), it works fine, and I can run the game on a laptop that I don't have administration rights, by doubling clicking on the bliss.exe file, and it doesn't get installed onto the computer. When we have finished, remove the USB stick and nothing can run, also there are no icons installed either. Very handy.

I had to remove Bliss from the destop machine and then re-install it, but selected removable drive as the place I wanted it installed.
AJB

Postby tecbuilder » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:02 pm

You didn't have to install and uninstall the program. Once you installed it on the hard drive, you could just move the entire folder to the memory stick. (Which I think is a great idea.) You may get a minor error message because it can't find the skin. But once you pick one, you will have fixed the problem. One thing to note is that information from the program is saved to the registry which can be checked by an administrator.
tecbuilder

Return to Feature Requests