Gradual Increase In Costs

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

Gradual Increase In Costs

Postby tecbuilder » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:04 am

A thought I had was to have a multiplier be used to adjust the cost of whatever the action is. As temperatures rise, so does the multiplier, which increases the cost. Otherwise, you end up with thousands of dollars and the largest expenese is a couple hundred dollars. What this would end up doing is make it so that the current player may or may not have a choice (just like at the beginning of the game) on how to play the action.

Perhaps this is just the gamer in me coming out.
tecbuilder

Postby Don » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:28 am

I know what you mean about the costs, but that was actually part of the design of the game. As the game progresses, the money is supposed to "disappear" as an issue to keep the focus on each other. It can seem kind of strange though.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby tecbuilder » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:44 pm

Oooh, would it be possible to have the money eventually just fade away, litterally once the amount became so much or a certain passion level is obtained? Just a thought.
tecbuilder

Postby tecbuilder » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:12 pm

I got thinking more about this and for me this is in part is what makes the experience interesting as your partner may or may not have a choice to do something. I really like the idea of the choice option that is in another topic as well concerning money and this alligns itself very well to it. I see one of the designs of the program is to help people (to some extent) move out of their comfort zone, which gets them out of a rut. If the game says they have to do something, I think people will tend to do it. It also provides a bit of a safety net so that people can decline to do something. Which of course they can do anyway, but then you aren't really playing the game.
tecbuilder

Return to Feature Requests