Button positioning

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

Button positioning

Postby hawkf14 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:30 pm

I have noticed that on some screens the buttons are in a little bit different position and on others they aren't. I like the buttons being moved a little so that if someone double clicks it doesn't go past something.

The DW and I were playing and she has a tendency to somehow double click :( and that causes problems because you can't go back or undo something and you have no idea what you just missed. I would recommend that you move the buttons a little or allow for a limited undo or go back so that if you land on a square and it says you are going to need to do something and then click twice instead of once you will be able to figure out what you were or are supposed to have done. :lol:

Just a thought.

I really like the game and think you have done a great job in putting this together.
hawkf14

Postby Don » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:58 am

Hi,

There is space for three buttons on the main board. Which button(s) are used depend on the situation and how many buttons are needed. I will look into a way to reduced the double clicking problem.

The simplest way to avoid this problem is not to use a mouse at all once the game is playing. The game can be played almost entirely using the space bar. Just hit the space bar, and the most likely button will be pressed at all times. If you want to use a different button, you can use the arrow keys to move to another button or use the mouse.

Since the computer is not always in the most convenient place for this game, we designed it to be played using the keyboard as much as possible.

Have Fun :)

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby hawkf14 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:27 pm

Don,

I like the idea of using the space bar and will have to give that a try. My laptop has one of those pads you use your finger on for a mouse and by tapping it it simulates clicking. I can understand the problem with room for buttons.

I thought idea of going back a step or two would be nice in other situations also but I can see where that would probably cause all sorts of other problems. Like if a person made one selection and then went back and made a different one. No fun at all.

I will definitely have to see about using the space bar. The only problem there is when you have to choose what you want to build or what song you are going to play. Then the only way I see to make that selection is using the mouse. Is there another option?

Thanks and we are having fun. :lol:
hawkf14

Postby Don » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:47 pm

When you need to choose something (like a song) just use the up and down arrows to choose what you want then press space.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

tips to avoid double clicking

Postby momminy » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:54 pm

We have used the tab key to move all over the options for the game. Then, you can either hit the enter key, the space bar, or use the mouse to click on what you want. The tab key and the arrows will let you go just about any where you choose to! Love this game, it's lots of fun and a great way to add a little variety without being SO explicit as so many others are. Thanks!
live, laugh, love
momminy

Postby hawkf14 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:09 am

Had a chance to play over the week-end. :lol:

The suggestion worked very well using the tab, enter and arrow keys does indeed work.
hawkf14

Return to Feature Requests