Test Mode

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

Test Mode

Postby rapple1 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:56 pm

Been playing with the action editor alot and thought that a game test mode would be really useful.

What I'd love to see is the ability to start the game in test mode with a particular action file and allow the user to manually move the player(s) to any spot on the board without rolling the dice. That way if you wrote a bunch of hotel actions, you could check that they're coming up as expected with the passion levels and clothing that you expect. If simpler to implement, maybe a number for the dice could just be entered by hand rather than rolling.
rapple1

Postby Don » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:11 am

Hi,

It is kind of ironic that you should ask for this because it is already in the game, I have just never exposed it to anyone but me. I didn't think it would be useful outside of our development lab. I will look into making this generally available in a future release.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby romeo » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:44 pm

I second this idea. Anything that helps shedding light on the evaluation process of actions is a good thing for actions designers.
romeo

Postby alyxlarsen » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:43 am

I am in favor of this idea as well. It would make testing my actions a lot easier.
alyxlarsen

Ditto

Postby maxxim » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:14 am

Yes please Don!!!

The test mode would be a reall useful addition for folk wanting to test and develop custom actions that work well and as intended

:)
maxxim

Postby Don » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:13 pm

Hi,

I am working on cleaning up the test mode to make it available to everyone.

A good short term workaround is to create an action file with just the actions you want to test. Then play the game using only that action file (don't enable the default Bliss actions). This will force the actions you want to test to be selected very quickly. You can set the passion level and the players clothing as needed to make the action play.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Feature Requests