Action Editor Feature Request

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

Action Editor Feature Request

Postby Boris » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:59 am

Dear Don:

This is my first posting on this forum. Congratulations, the game is an excellent concept. Thank-you to all those who provide their bdf files, as these enhance the game for the rest of us. I too have been working in the Action Editor, and would like to suggest the following to enhance the ability to check if the action is appearing at the correct stage in the game.

I understand your reasons for not attaching game levels to actions, but could it be possible to sort or filter the actions in the bdf file by reference to a person's profile file. To illustrate how this may work, let's say my profile file rated taking video of dancing between levels 4 and 6 (average 5), and video of stripping between levels 5 and 7 (average 6). Then an action that required me to dance and strip would return a score of 5.5. If you could sort all the actions in a bdf file in this fashion, you could identify those actions that are likely to appear out of place (either too early or late) in the sequence of the game.

Hope this helps.

I am also seeking those who may have prepared bdf files for the lower levels of the game. Many people are out there creating racey options for the upper game levels, but my wife and I kinda like using the game as a conversation item in the beginning. If you have such a bdf file, I encourage you to post it on the forum. I am working on such a bdf file myself, and will post it when complete.

Cheers,
Boris (it is not my real name, but it pretty cool huh?)
Boris

Postby Don » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:26 pm

Hi,

I believe that what you are looking is already in the Action Editor. Just choose Sort from the main menu, and then choose By Level. This sorts the actions by the minimum level that they could appear at, using the default profile.

Let me know if you were looking for something else.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Boris » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:16 am

Don:

Thanks for the clarification. I had tried sorting on Level, but did not understand what it was doing. After sorting on the level would it be possible to display the lowermost level at which the action may appear in the game, either against the Default or a user-specified profile. This is probably a low-priority enhancement, but it would help the user to more quickly identify the activities that are out of place in the order in their bdf file, and that may require some QC.

Cheers,
Boris
Boris

Postby Don » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:37 pm

Hi,

If you look at the bottom left hand corner of the action editor there are two windows. The left hand one tells you which action is currently selected. The right hand one indicates the lowest passion level at which this action can take place. It will look something like 3-3, 5-5. This means that for this action to happen, the subject must be at a 3 or higher and the partner at a 5 or higheer. Sometimes you will see something like 3-5, 1-1 This means that the required passion level could very depending on circumstances, generally because the action depends on what the player is wearing. If the player is fully dressed, this would be a level 3 action. If they are nude, it would be a level 5 action.

I think this will do what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Boris » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:57 am

Brilliant Don, thank-you. This will do nicely.

Cheers,
Chris
Boris

Postby romeo » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:50 pm

This question has in this or similar form come up several times. I also find it hard to remember what those numbers in the corner stand for. Considering that editor is used often just to check the levels of the actions by users not writing many/any actions (we have the use case that a spouse would write e.g. 10 actions) the usability of the "level" display of the action editor could be better.

It may require a bit more screen real estate but I think for the action editor this would be acceptable.

Just adding "min:" and "max:" would help.

Even better would be a hint which category has set this value (admittedly often it could be several but one may be enough).

Even better would be to use the current active profiles of the game (and/or) have the ability to load profiles. Obviously the name of the profiles which are currently used should be displayed.

I guess some ideas are over the top for the action editor, there are more important things to do. But some could be implemented at little cost.
romeo

Postby Don » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:13 am

Hi,

There is not currently a way to do this. We investigated this at one time, but the Action Editor turns out to be as big as the game. As far as the distraction you mention goes, Under similar circumstances, I often slide Bliss to the very bottom of the screen so only the menu is showing. Then start the action editor and let it cover the Bliss Menu and title bar.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Re: Action Editor Feature Request

Postby Boris » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:02 am

Hello Don:

I am compiling a master bdf file that includes all the actions that have been posted on the Forum by all past players, but does not inlcude your bdf or commercially purchased bdf files (such as those sold by Dr D-Light). It is a part-time project that will take some time, as I am fixing all the Categories, Situations, and Typos along the way.

Anyway, it leads to me a clarification on the codes that I originally asked when submittng the query in the first place. If I had the following code in the Action Editor Level Box at the bottom left of the screen:
M 1-5R, 1-1
This would mean:
Male as the subject only, depending upon clothing, could arrive at Level-1 (fully clothed) up to Level-5 (naked), and the partner will be at Level 1 or higher.

Assuming this is correct (please notify if I am not), what does the "R" mean?

Cheers,
Boris
Boris

Re: Action Editor Feature Request

Postby Don » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:19 am

Hi,

The R stands for Remove and indicates that this action causes clothing to be removed. The rest of what you said is correct.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Feature Requests