Some feature ideas

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

Some feature ideas

Postby murphy » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:57 pm

I think it would be fun to write actions for truth or dare. It could be a square on the board, or it could be built into existing squares such as Chance. I noticed that some basic actions and actions from Dr. D have buttons that offer a choice. The buttons could say "truth" or "dare". How do you make buttons by the way...

Another idea is to add links. The links could be to open files that could include pictures, songs specific to the action, even special notes for the partner. Links to web page urls are another posibility. My wife has only one toy and I would like to shop on-line with her. It would be nice if I could build a link to a respected online toy store into an action. I could also see this being abused with folks linking to sites that are not in the spirit of the game. Sharing actions with web links could become a problem. I respect your call on that.

I would like Bliss to be able to play songs in my iTunes library. Most are in AAC so they can not play in Bliss. This may be an Apple drm issue.

FYI: My action editor does not enter the tags for His/Her correctly. I get <sn> and <pn> when I use the buttons. I just correct the text to <ss> and <ps>
murphy

Postby Don » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:04 pm

Hi,

Buttons are made in the action editor on the text page. Each action can have up to 3 buttons.

The ability to add music, pictures, video and links have all been suggested and we are researching the possibilities here.

The bug with tags not being entered correctly was fixed in Beta 7, which I just posted today.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby murphy » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:43 pm

Thanks for the information. I still do not understand how to make the buttons do anything. I would like to have a button say "truth" and then display the truth question. If the "dare" button is pushed, then the dare would be displayed. This works in jail if you choose to not bribe the guard, you get a new task.
murphy

Postby Don » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:56 pm

Hi,

I see what you are looking for. There is not a way to do that currently. The buttons are referred to as the action, the money and the decline buttons.

If a money button is defined, then pushing it causes the money change and the action is not run.
If a decline button is defined then pushing it causes neither the money change nor the action to be run.
If a money button is defined, then pushing the action button runs the action instead of doing the money change.

There is not a way to have one action lead to another. The bribe guard is a special case hard coded into the game. Having one action lead to another is a feature request that has been around for a while,but we haven't done it yet.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Feature Requests