Ease of game Install / Uninstall

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

Ease of game Install / Uninstall

Postby JeepDriver » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:43 am

I don't own a notebook computer and it won't work to move our desktop computer from the office to the bedroom. I can check out a notebook computer from work over a weekend but I can not return the computer with other applications installed on it. So, I could install Bliss when I get home Friday night but I must remove it before I return to work on Monday. Can the software be used in this manner?

I'm downloading the trial version now and look forward to trying out the game this weekend. If this install/uninstall mode of operation will work, I will buy the game.

We will definitely be very interested in the PDA version of the game.

Thanks much.
JeepDriver

Postby Don » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:55 am

Hi,

Bliss itself is very easy to install and uninstall. It installs with a single mouse click and then uninstalls using the Add/Remove programs dialog on the control panel. After you remove it, you would probably want to delete the directory c:/Program File/Games for Loving. There are a few file that the installer does not remove because they are customization files that are unique to you such as your license files.

To completely remove all evidence that Bliss was ever installed, Do the following:

1. Remove the game using Add/Remove programs.
2. Delete the directory c:/Program Files/Games for Loving using the Windows Explorer.
3. Run Windows Media Player and remove the Bliss and Bliss Background playlists.
4. From Start | Run, run regedit, and remove the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Games for Loving

The last two steps are necessary only if you want to remove any trace that the game was ever there.

In order to run Bliss, the .NET framework 1.1 from Microsoft must be installed. It will already be there if the machine is being kept up to date on it's updates. If you have to install the framework, I would suggest that you not uninstall it. Just leave it there.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby JeepDriver » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:55 am

What about saving the activation key and other customized features so that the next set up is easier?
Or saving other customized actions downloaded from the your site so that those are not lost and are available for future use.
-jd
JeepDriver

Postby Don » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:48 am

You can do that pretty easily.

The Actions are all in the directory c:/Program Files/Games for Loving/Bliss/Actions.
The license files (activation keys) are in two files that end in .lic in c:/Program Files/Games for Loving/Bliss.
If you create profiles, they will be in c:/Program Files/Games for Loving/Bliss/Profiles.

Just save these files to another computer or to a CD or something, and copy them back next time.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Feature Requests