sb/pb tags for Breast, request sg/pg tags for genitals

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

sb/pb tags for Breast, request sg/pg tags for genitals

Postby kdemsky » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:59 am

I like the tags to properly call the upper torso according to the subject or partner's gender. How about adding for the subject and partner's genitals?

I recommend <sg> and <pg>. Benefits are that the clinical terms are avoided. Who wants action items like "initiate coitus now", or my "sexual climax is imminent" ?

Breast/Chest are provided, penis/vagina could be provided.

Furthermore, I request a dirty switch (check box) , that 95% of the public would actuate. This would turn

Breasts/Chest and Penis/Vagina >>into >> Tits/Chest and Cock/Pussy.

Please Don? :)
kdemsky

Sweet! Thanks for your opinion!

Postby kdemsky » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:33 pm

Regarding the Intent of the request which is the addition of a new tag:

Read the basic 800 actions.

The ones that are for female, have referenced pronouns, and breast/chest as variables explicitly. To follow the programming style, the only logical conclusion would be to include the "vagina" in the reference.

The ones that are for male, have referenced pronouns, and breast/chest as variables explicitly. To follow the programming style, the only logical conclusion would be to include the "penis" in the reference.

The ones that are non-specific, again, read them! Drizzle chocolate sauce on genitals and clean it off? Non-specific, then you would NOT use the requested <sg> or <pg> tag. This is similar to when you refer to partners belly instead of breast, the programming would be "belly" for belly, and <pb> or <sb> for breast.

If you are largely writing your own actions without following the programming style outlined in the BasicActions and the built in syntax checker, then you are right, it doesn't work.

Regarding how to refer to parts of the anatomy
The "dirty talk" check box isn't necessary. In writing, perhaps we can use medical terms, but in the heat of the moment, many use much different moods. The check box I requested isn't necessary, because I can use poor programming style (brute force), and double the actions, making one female and one male, and write it out the way I like to see it.

The point of the technical and feature request forum I don't think is really to argue which camp we are in at what point during our play. There are some in the "initiate coitus now" camp, and some in the "fu** me now baby" "or shove your co** into me" camp.

The check box would make it flexible, and the variable with the clinical terms would appear for you, and other terms would appear for me, and we would BOTH be happy. :D

The point of the game is flexibility, and the request was made to Don. If Don determines there is more need that just mine, and he can tuck the request, great, if not, I'll revert to brute force.

Kevin
kdemsky

Postby Don » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:25 pm

Hi,

Sorry for the slow response, I am out of town with limited net access this week.

I see no real problem with the genital tag for the game. Billiamson points out correctly that it would be of limited use, many actions would have to be hard written for male or female genitals, but there are those actions that would benefit from it.

As far as the "dirty" switch goes, there is an option already planned for 1.6 (when we FINALLY get it ready) that will solve this issue. Bliss is already internationalized so that it can be translated into other languages. All of the words in the game (including the breast / chest) substitutions are in a message dictionary that can be replaced in each language. However, you currently need a .NET compiler to modify the dictionary. In 1.6 that will change an an ordinary text editor can be used so you will be able to replace any words in the game you want to.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

requested genital tag is limited Use?

Postby kdemsky » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:02 pm

The limited use is no less limited than the breast/chest tag. Many of the "genital" references are drizzling chocolate sauce on and licking if off anyway. :)

The new tag merely personalizes it to the sex of the subject.
kdemsky

Don, you rock!

Postby kdemsky » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:03 pm

Customizing languages with text editor. Cool beans. Now you are talking.

You go worldwide! You know the Germans and Austrians take sex seriously. ;)

Kevin
kdemsky

Return to Feature Requests