password protected exe

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

password protected exe

Postby R & S » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:48 pm

We have Bliss loaded on our laptop, our daughter occasionally uses this computer for school or just for entertainment. I have removed the desktop shortcut for bliss but if she was looking at the program list and got curious... I wish a password was need to lauch Bliss. It is not the kind of entertainment I want my child to have access to from our computer :o .
R & S

Re: password protected exe

Postby R & S » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:48 pm

I found the password protection under options. Thanks for including this detail!
R & S

Postby tecbuilder » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:15 pm

Depending on your operating system you can remove access from the folder altogether. If you Windows XP Pro, you can right click on the folder and select 'Sharing and Security'. Then select the 'Security' tab. Select 'Users' and click on remove. Click 'Add' and add your login name and give yourself 'Full Control'.

If you cannot remove 'Users' or add your login then click on the 'Advanced' button and uncheck the first checkbox near the bottom of the dialog it. It starts with, "Inherit from parent..." A dialog box will be displayed and click on the 'Copy' button. Lastly press the 'Ok' button. After a little while you will notice that you can now select 'Users' and follow the steps listed above.

You can now change who has access to the folder to your heart's content. BTW, you can follow the same directions for a single file.

tec
tecbuilder

Postby erm13 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:42 pm

I have set a password, and removed the desktop shortcuts. I noticed that i can still open the game even when no passwords are entered. what i am doing incorectly
erm13

Postby windowman100 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:35 am

are you running j bliss under Linux. I found that the password doesn't work there.
Bob
Your IQ test came back negetive
windowman100

Postby Don » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:37 am

Hi,

The password should work in both Bliss and jBliss. One common problem is that you do need to set both a his and a hers password, even if they are both the same.
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Feature Requests