Spoken Instructions

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

Spoken Instructions

Postby christianlover » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:40 am

While playing around with the new functions on Beta 1.6, I had a thought that made me want to shoot for the moon in requests.

I was wondering if it would be possible sometime in the future to work in a computer voice that spoke the instructions.

The truth is, while playing the game, it would be very nice to be able to hear the instructions and operate the game in a more flowing manner, without having to make each move completely distinct from those that preceded it (if possible). I realize that I am talking about a major upgrade here, but I wanted to make the request anyway, just to see if others would find this beneficial, if so, Don could check out whether or not it might be possible down the road.

A big screen and a wireless mouse or controller can help quite a bit (as would integrating the computer's sound into a stereo system), but I am just trying to think in a futuristic manner here.
christianlover

Re: Spoken Instructions

Postby YachtMaster » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:35 am

christianlover wrote:While playing around with the new functions on Beta 1.6, I had a thought that made me want to shoot for the moon in requests.

I was wondering if it would be possible sometime in the future to work in a computer voice that spoke the instructions.

The truth is, while playing the game, it would be very nice to be able to hear the instructions and operate the game in a more flowing manner, without having to make each move completely distinct from those that preceded it (if possible). I realize that I am talking about a major upgrade here, but I wanted to make the request anyway, just to see if others would find this beneficial, if so, Don could check out whether or not it might be possible down the road.

A big screen and a wireless mouse or controller can help quite a bit (as would integrating the computer's sound into a stereo system), but I am just trying to think in a futuristic manner here.

I have also considered the same thoughts. I don't know that much about text to speech converters, but possibly one could be trained to just look in the instruction text box. Any techs out there know about that?

But then it would be better if the male instructions could be given in a male voice and the female instructions be given in a female voice, but now I am probably really shooting for the moon, or further! Or it could be turned around, with a female giving the male instructions and a male giving female instructions.

Blessings
YM
YachtMaster

Return to Feature Requests