Help needed

Use this forum to upload new action files and skins for other users to try.

Moderator: Don

Help needed

Postby monkey2261 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:24 am

Hello,

We have really enjoyed the game. we have just started writing our on actions. I would like to download the actions on the forum. But I am at a total loss on how to do this. I an not very good with computers once you get past the basics. I do not understand computer termanology. I need more of a step by step list. I have read all the posts that I can find. And have tried downloading files. With no luck I found the Bliss folder under program files. I save the files there but they are not there when I open the Action folder. When I try to open any files it says It can not open them. It says it needs to know what program to use to open them. Do I need to unzip the files? How do I do this? Also I can not find my actions that I have made, in this folder. But they are in the action editor when I start the game.
Also How do you download skins and other buildingsand make them work?

I am at a complete loss.
Thank you for any help.
monkey2261

Re: Help needed

Postby giga_watts » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:49 am

To use an action file, you have to copy it to the Bliss/Actions folder. (Windows wants to keep the files your home directory under Application Data\GamesForLoving\Bliss\Actions. Application Data is a hidden folder, so you'll need to tell Windows Explorer to show hidden files and directories.) Then, open Bliss, go to the Action editor and click File/Open, and you should see a list of Action files. Keep in mind that the new 1.6 Bliss uses bjf files (the files end in .bjf) not the older .bdf files. You can convert those files using the online converter.

You can also put the action files anywhere on your computer, but when you do File/Open in the Action Editor, you'll need to browse to where you've unzipped the file.

To do Buildings, which are a combination of an Action file and a bitmap, I believe you'll need to copy both files to the Actions folder.

Likewise, for skins, put them (unzipped) into the Bliss/Skins folder. Skins should end with .bmp or show up as Bitmap files.
giga_watts

Re: Help needed

Postby monkey2261 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:07 pm

Thanks alot I think I have gotten the actions. I was saving them wrong like I figured I was. I am still trying the buildings and skins
Thanks for your time and knowledge.
monkey2261

Return to The Exchange